First fire in the Long Rifle Sniper

I have all of Pitmakers pits on our trailer and my favorite is the Sniper. I love cooking on that thing. It doesn't get as much press as the Vault or Safe because Victor and George really push there verticals but you won't find a better offset than the Sniper.
Pitmaker10photo.JPGpitmaker9photo.jpg

Gotta Love Stickburner's! we may have to tend to our pits more often.. but.. i feel like they turn out some Mighty Fine QUE! :clap:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
That's a nice rig! For the little people we feed at cookoffs, a big stickburner would just be overkill. I tell you what, your timing on wrapping stuff gotta be right on or it drips on your other foods. I don't like a brisket that got rib glaze on it. stick burners got a big advantage when it comes to that for sure. But I tell you what, it's nice to be able to throw in 10 lbs lump, few chunks of wood and cook all day.

I love stick burners, and congrats on the new pit! I'll run both stick burners and pellet cookers in comps... But just there's something about an offset smoker that makes me smile!

man thats a beautiful pit! love the way the hinges open up. that thing can fit alot of food in it. its like 5000" of cookspace.
did ya by chance have any pics of the inside, fire needed to retain temp and food. when i picked up my vault victor was talking about doin a reverse flow magnum sniper with insulated firebox. them guys build exceptional products with the best fit and finish in the business. like comparing a 18' invader to a 36' yellowfin.

I have picture of the inside, but didn't take any of the fire. If it tells you anything, it was about 33 degrees with wind blowing, I started a charcoal chiimney half full, once it was ginnin then dumped it on the grate, set two splits on the coals, and then crossed two more. Not a huge fire by any means. And of course, the more coals I got going in there, the less actual wood needed to maintain temp. Burned it for about five hours on probably 8-10 splits...

That's a nice rig! For the little people we feed at cookoffs, a big stickburner would just be overkill. I tell you what, your timing on wrapping stuff gotta be right on or it drips on your other foods. I don't like a brisket that got rib glaze on it. stick burners got a big advantage when it comes to that for sure. But I tell you what, it's nice to be able to throw in 10 lbs lump, few chunks of wood and cook all day.

That's why I like all that room, even though I will rarely fill the thing, I like to have the ability to start everything but ribs on the grates and then transfer them into aluminum pans. Makes things much less messy...
cookinggrates.jpg

Is that bottom rack wide/big enough to cook a small pig? The Sniper is on the top of my list but I'm curious about the size of the bottom rack. Anyone have first-hand experience?

Is that bottom rack wide/big enough to cook a small pig? The Sniper is on the top of my list but I'm curious about the size of the bottom rack. Anyone have first-hand experience?

I've never done a whole pig, but I would think so. The rack itself is 22" deep x 54.5" wide. (Note this is the Long Rifle, which has a 10" longer cookbox than the regular Sniper). The racks all come out very easily, so I think cooking a small pig would be pretty easily done in it.

Nice smoker! Pitmaker makes some nice stuff.

Back