• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Non-BBQ party food

Sausage balls. Seriously. Just made a double recipe (80+) for my office of 18 people. They didn't last two hours. Took <30 minutes to make & cook.

2 cups baking mix (Bisquik, Pioneer, etc.)
1 lb. of your favorite breakfast sausage
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese (or the cheese of your choice)

Mix all in bowl by hand until combined.
Pat & roll into quarter-sized balls and put on cookie sheet about 1/2" apart. Bake @ 375° for 12-15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking.

I then let them cool for 10 mins. on the pan, then place into a sealable container with a paper towel or two in the bottom to absorb grease, which there is never much of.

I reheated them in the microwave for ~8 mins. on med-high. Came out just like they were fresh from the oven.

Very easy and always a big hit at parties.

here are 2. 1 super easy and 1 that takes a little more time. Both very good and you can use your rig to add some smoky flavor if you like

1) The Easy: get a baguette and slice thin, got get a boar's head panino (which is mozzerella or prevelone wrapped around salami. some have arugula in there too- they are all very good). SLice that thin and cook on a pizza stone until melted. A little smoke on these is very good. Finish with fresh basil and salt and fresh cracked pepper. They will be gone in minutes.

3942460A-B109-4875-A461-AF211D07ED62-1686-0000043C0A3A468D.jpg

2) A little more work but worth it: smoke a duck breast to med rare and slice it in matchsticks. take a baguette, slice thin, add a schmear of brie, then add a little dollop of fig jam, then pile on the duck on top with caramelized red onion. These are like crack:

DAB38A26-1281-4602-A77A-6F3310EE5C35-148-00000398AFEA44CA.jpg

These are very good (if not better) served cold so they are good for a party liek this.

Lots of great ideas above 8)

I love a "deconstructed" BLT dip/mix.
Fine chopped/diced bacon, lettuce, tomato mixed with enough Mayo/Miracle Whip for the purpose desired.
Also, a BLOT version--add fine chopped onion.

Killer with any sort of crackers, veggies, etc!
I also substitute cream cheese for the Mayo and stuff ABT's with it.

Mrs Kapn found some tiny baked appetizer cups about the size of a half-dollar at Fresh Market a couple of years ago. Makes a great "one-bite" appetizer. 8)

Defiantly "Quick and Easy" and darn Fine Eats!

Good luck and let us know what ya do--OK?

TIM

Back