View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #21
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
They all look great!!
Greg is this the aged hunka meat? If so, how did you like it compared to non aged? It looks fantastic!!
Thanks Jeanie!

Yes, it is the one I've been postiong the past couple weeks. As for taste, I haven't ever done a side by side compared to non aged, but I do think the beef flavor is more pronounced. I don't know if it affects tenderness at all, but the ones I've been doing have been really tender - but that could be because they're prime grade and cooked really slow (200). One thing I keep forgetting is there's no drippings with dry aged because the moisture is all gone - the roast is still as juicy as can be though. I keep forgetting to have some beef base handy for making the au jus, so next year, if I don't forget (fat chance) I need to make the au jus up ahead of time.

Love the pics y'all - keep 'em coming!

Hey Wamp - we're gonna see the ham you did at some point, yes?
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->