Practice run for my first "catering gig"

MOS95B

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My daughter asked if I would host a casual graduation party for her and some friends, and of course BBQ. Her mom is throwing the "real" party, with a theme, and a hot dog bar, and family, and her co-workers, and basically the kind of party only my ex can throw.... :crazy:

So, my daughter asked if i would just barbeque for her and some friends, which of course I gladly agreed to.

(I look like I'm having a stroke, but.. ) Who could say no to this??

29699_390505499262_751079262_4091776_5976813_n.jpg

Today is the practice run. MOINK balls, brats, kielbasa, and a fatty (I will add brisket and ribs for the real party)

Step One - MOINK balls rolled and rubbed -

IMAG0139.jpg

Store brand meatballs, rolled in thick cut peppered bacon, and dusted with The Missus's secret rub recipe (secret from me. She doesn't want me "tweaking" it)

Updates to follow...

Good luck with the venture it hard to beat a good BBQ party. Hotdogs are fine BBQ devine.

Step Two - Fattie. Made with Kevin's home made Jalapeno Cheese sausage. Sprinkled with the same rub
IMAG0140.jpg

Just got everything in the offset. Not gonna look for at least 30 minutes.

Brats and kielbasa will go on later

Looks good so far.

I will have my first catering job on July 20th, I'm doing my nephews Bday party.

Let us know how it goes ok?

Good start... Is the fattie stuffed or plain. Sounds like a party i wouldn't mind eating at,, Good Luck,, I'm sure it will turn out well and the kids will be happy...

Is that a letter for academics, or is her school called Academics? She must be pretty smart as well as beautiful to have earned an Block A for academics. You are gonna need more MOINKs

The fattie is plain, just whatever ingredients Kevin put in the sausage and a little rub.

And yes, she lettered in Academics her senior year, and earned a $1000 scholarship. Very proud Papa

And, back to the matter at hand...

A grill full of goodnes

IMAG0142.jpg

Had to probe the brat due to a slight fire mishap... :redface: Too busy watching grill temps, not enough watching fuel levels. Never got to danger zone, thankfully

And finally, a nice sample platter.

IMAG0144.jpg

Now, just gotta wait for her to pick a date for her party. And hope none of her friends are vegetarians...

The sausage was awesome, Kevin!!!

Back