• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kettering is FULL!

R

Rolling Smoke

Unless something changes in the next couple of weeks, the Ohio Veteran Barbecue Cook-off in Kettering, Ohio scheduled for July 18 & 19 is full at 36 teams. Even though the website still shows 33 teams, I know of 3 entries that are on their way in so that puts us at max. If you are still interested in cooking our contest, PM me and I'll put you on a waiting list.

Thanks to all of you who are supporting our contest!

I would think this is a record for number of teams in an Ohio contest !

I'm thinking you're right but short of pestering Steph, I don't know how to access that info.

You might need extra security to keep the ladies off of me and Podge... Ohio will never be the same...

Scottie

You might need extra security to keep the ladies off of me and Podge... Ohio will never be the same...

Scottie

Everyone knows I will be the sexy one there so yall don't have to worry.

Scottie

That costs extra Scottie so unless you're willing to pay it, I guess you're just going to have to suffer.:biggrin:

WHEW!!!

Got in just under the wire!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

I'm not sure if I can request this Jim, but I would like a grass site.
Will we be able to pull our trailer units into the grass area through the same
place we did last year?

WHEW!!!

Got in just under the wire!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

I'm not sure if I can request this Jim, but I would like a grass site.
Will we be able to pull our trailer units into the grass area through the same
place we did last year?

We've got a grass site for you Neil. There will be someone there to direct you when you get there.

How can this be? Most contest have a hard time this year even getting 15 teams and Kettering gets 36 and sells out. I can tell you, Jim has worked the contest and promoted it. I think the days of having a contest and people turning out for it with out promoting the contest are over. And Jim is good example of it. Even though he is a little slow at times. But the Rev has put the healing power on him.

Randy, I read your post with mixed emotions. Thank you for the kudos in promoting this contest. Your kind words mean a great deal to me. As for the part about me being slow, I'll get back with you on that (in a year or two). And by 'putting the healing power' in me, if you're talking about the time you hit me in the head with the baseball bat, then I guess I am a living testimony to your powers.

well, jim, he's right. you busted your ass to promote this contest during the $4 gas, economy, etc. and to have filled your field (in Ohio for gosh sakes ! Not a huge mecca for BBQ. ) is damn good work. I've always thought that after this year, it's only the strong who will survive to have another contest next year. Just shows that a contest doesn't have to have $50,000 to fill itself up. I think other organizers who couldn't fill their field to make their contest at least a qualifier ought to feel silly, because you proved it's possible the way things are these days.

How can this be? Most contest have a hard time this year even getting 15 teams and Kettering gets 36 and sells out. I can tell you, Jim has worked the contest and promoted it. I think the days of having a contest and people turning out for it with out promoting the contest are over. And Jim is good example of it. Even though he is a little slow at times. But the Rev has put the healing power on him.

Doesn't hurt being a Brethren........:cool:

I entered not knowing what the payout was, after seeing the list of competitors, I reallty dont think I need to know. I looked around and couldnt find any info on $.
What does 13th place chicken get?

I entered not knowing what the payout was, after seeing the list of competitors, I reallty dont think I need to know. I looked around and couldnt find any info on $.
What does 13th place chicken get?

i'm just hoping to make all four turn-ins

We've got a grass site for you Neil. There will be someone there to direct you when you get there.

Thanks Brother!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Not sure when I will be rolling in.
Do you know how many will be there Thursday yet?

well, jim, he's right. you busted your ass to promote this contest during the $4 gas, economy, etc. and to have filled your field (in Ohio for gosh sakes ! Not a huge mecca for BBQ. ) is damn good work. I've always thought that after this year, it's only the strong who will survive to have another contest next year. Just shows that a contest doesn't have to have $50,000 to fill itself up. I think other organizers who couldn't fill their field to make their contest at least a qualifier ought to feel silly, because you proved it's possible the way things are these days.

Randy and Podge, you are correct that Jim has worked his ass off promoting this comp but you are missing something entirely. You wouldn't have a reason to know unless you were there last year or heard someone from last year tell you.

That is that Jim organized his comp with the cooks in mind and I can tell you that he understands comps from a cooks point of view and makes sure that the cooks are taken care of.

Last year it seemed like there was someone coming to our site every couple of hours to see if we needed ice or trash hauled away and asked if we needed anything else for that matter.

Also, the venue is really nice. It's a park like setting.
Not sure how it will be on the black top though.

I have no doubt that I will have just as good of a time this year as I did
last year, probably better.

I'm really looking forward to this Jim!

Z, I will be setting up Thursday night.

Cool, Not sure when I will be getting there but if I can make it
Thursday night, I know I will have good company!:-D

Can't wait to see that MEGA Stumps!

How many cooks have you managed to do with it so far?

(None I hope!:wink::lol:)

Back