• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sponsors

Skidder

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This will probably get moved to comp. but I just wanted you all to know I'm gonna try my hand a comp. grilling contest I hope (if I get picked). So I figured I'd try to get me a few sponsers. I talked to our local home and garden center and they said no problem to all the free Royal Oak lump I needed. Then went to my butcher who likes to smoke and he said he would supply all the meat free of charge. Next I'm working on a free or at cost new Weber grill. I have three but I'll take another. Just goes to show what a little effort will get ya. I'm putting there store names on my banner with a thankyou to them. I thought that was real nice of them. Not one of them gave me a problem.

Wow. Congrats. That's real surprising they'd make such nice commitments (especially the meat guy) for a team with no competition record whatsoever.

I need a good sales guy. You looking for a sales position?? ;-)
Chris

Wow. Congrats. That's real surprising they'd make such nice commitments (especially the meat guy) for a team with no competition record whatsoever.

I need a good sales guy. You looking for a sales position?? ;-)
Chris

I'm sure he'd let you sponsor his team, Chris. :wink: How's about some free product for the lad?

I don't need a comp record I'm a great chef! Just messing with ya. My kids won't even eat my food and my wife hates smoked food. HELP ME. Hey Nature Boy if ya want to send me a few samples I'll pay ya for them and use them in the comp. and let you know how they did. I'll put your name on my banner there not layed out yet. P.M. me I'll take anyone for a sponsor that will help, Bob

Hey Nature Boy if ya want to send me a few samples I'll pay ya for them and use them in the comp. and let you know how they did. I'll put your name on my banner there not layed out yet. P.M. me I'll take anyone for a sponsor that will help, Bob

Aw now wait a second. You have people jumping on board offering tons of free stuff already. You don't need to go and do that for me!

I was just interested in your sales skills...being able to talk those people into all that free stuff since you were "thinking" of trying out a competition. I figgered you must be good!

Cheers!
Chris

Congrats SKidder on your comp. thing hope all the best and alot of walks

All I did was be prepared with all the paperwork,was honest with them and told them if they weren't interested that it was fine. Also told them if they wanted to just to, they could do cost on stuff it wasn't gonna cost them anything at all. But hey free was great! Thanks sponsors. I'm going out tomorrow and find a few more.

>Never heard of those. Are they any good?

Just look at Dizzy Pigs competition portfolio if you would call it that, it speaks for his rubs (and bbq talent). If it's not Chris's rub then it's the dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi8h-gpxgiI :lol: Sorry Chris

Aw now wait a second. You have people jumping on board offering tons of free stuff already. You don't need to go and do that for me!

I was just interested in your sales skills...being able to talk those people into all that free stuff since you were "thinking" of trying out a competition. I figgered you must be good!

Cheers!
Chris

Hey Chris, I don't have people jumping on board:sad: How about me :-D

Skidder, you must have a gift! Not sure what your job is but you might be able to start a company gathering sponsors for teams. If you want to practice and see how it works in different parts of the country, come to Maryland and help me:wink: If you are successful, I'll gladly provide a glowing referral for your services on every forum I know8) Deal?

Back