The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown Down

Hammer325

Reaction score
So, my winch smacketh my cheeks thrice and dropped my gauntlet at my feet.
" Yeah,,, I'm really proud of you for making THAT thing ( UDS ) {said with an eye roll}. I'll believe it works when you cook something. Ribs, I want you to prove it with ribs."
Ladies and gents where I come from that it a downright lack of respect, to suggest that your significant other would waste his time and his manhood building something that doesn't work.
I need a kick arse rib rub or any tips, ie cooking times, sauces whatever so that I may make her some CROW RIBS also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well, I like a little dusting of Plowboys Yard Bird, cooked for 5 to 6 hours at 250 or so (until they pass the bend test), then serve them with some Big Butz Hot on the side.

These will taste nothing like crow.

You really want to cook for a gal like that? My wife has never put me down for a project until I failed at it and even then she was cool about it
Guess she has no faith in ya

These are the spare ribs that I made today. marinate overnight in:

250 mL Cheerwine
250 mL Cranberry cocktail juice
2 Jalapenos stemmed
2 tsp Olive oil
1 cup soy sauce
1 tsp whole Cumin seeds
1 tsp whole Fennel seeds
1 tsp Mexican Oregano
2 Tbs Blackberry Brandy

Toast the Cumin and Fennel, and then place everything in the Nija and blend smooth

Rub with Plowboy's Yardbird rub

Smoke at 225-250 for 3 1/2 hours in aluminium pan

Brush with Myron Mixon's Hog glaze and cover pan with foil and cook for an hour at 250.

Uncover pan and brush with Hog Glaze once again, and place back in 250 for 15 minutes.

Brush with Blues Hog sauce and let sit at room temp for 10 minutes

Cut and eat the carp out of them :wink:

Make sureth to make some awesome ribs, then proceedeth to slapeth her with your big piece of meat. Then feed bits of it to her in a dog bowl on the floor...eth.

Bah, that was to Woodpile style. Excuse that. Maybe.

Make sureth to make some awesome ribs, then proceedeth to slapeth her with your big piece of meat. Then feed bits of it to her in a dog bowl on the floor...eth.

Bah, that was to Woodpile style. Excuse that. Maybe.

ummm put on a hat and stay out of the sun!!!!!
Geez I thought I was stressed

Sprinkle with a very light dusting of cayenne and dried mint.Cook @ 250 to 300 cooker temp til a toothpick probes easily.Yes,it is that simple.

Buy ribs (either baby backs or spares)
Fire UDS (hopefully it's already seasoned and you've done a good burn out to get rid of oily nastiness)
Trim ribs (or not....up to you)
Rub ribs with your favorite rub
Once UDS is to desired temp (I'd recommend between 250 and 275 degrees)
Place ribs on rack, close UDS lid.
Don't open lid for 3 hours
Check ribs (if you pick up one end with gloved hand or tongs and the outside bark starts to crack {bend test}, OR if you wiggle the end of a bone and it pulls cleanly off the meat {bone pull test}, they're done)
If NOT done....close lid, check back in an hour

When they pass either or both of the tests above, take em off.

IF sauce is desired, sauce ribs when they're done and put back on UDS for about 10 minutes to set sauce

Serve to said wench.

If she STILL gives you chit.....get a different wench.

(OK, OK.....I'm kidding about that last part.....:wink:)

:cool:

My favorite !!!

beer_carrying_wench.jpg

Last edited:
Back