• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Just spent my birthday cash - BBQ Book & Insulated Gloves

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
Just ordered "The Barbecue Bible" by Steven Raichlen. Also picked up a pair of his Insulated Food Gloves gloves. Good for 248 degrees. I wanted something easy that I could just wash off in the sink with soap & water.

Awesome! Let me know how you like the gloves, I've thought about buying those for quite a while.

I haven't picked up the BBQ Bible yet but I plan to get it. How do you like it so far?

I haven't picked up the BBQ Bible yet but I plan to get it. How do you like it so far?

I've had a little time to think about your question. I'm not real stoked on this book. It has tons of recipes. Just not the ones I want to make. It has a lot of international flavors. Only a couple of turkey recipes and the ribs are minimal. This one just doesn't do a lot for me. Glad it didn't cost a fortune.

Thats why I haven't bought the Bill Anderson BBQ Secrets book. It was $30. I must be cheap. I can't spend that much for his book. I can get a ton of great BBQ information right here from the experts.

I can get a ton of great BBQ information right here from the experts.

That's a good answer :)

I haven't bought a lot of 'recipe' books either. My only BBQ books so far are Chris Lilly's and Myron Mixon's books...

I've had a little time to think about your question. I'm not real stoked on this book. It has tons of recipes. Just not the ones I want to make. It has a lot of international flavors. Only a couple of turkey recipes and the ribs are minimal. This one just doesn't do a lot for me. Glad it didn't cost a fortune.

Thats why I haven't bought the Bill Anderson BBQ Secrets book. It was $30. I must be cheap. I can't spend that much for his book. I can get a ton of great BBQ information right here from the experts.

For good books i would recomend the weber books, Webers way to grill, and Weber charcoal grilling. Both excellent. bbq bible i dont even open anymore.

Back