Concession serving window screening

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hello all, got my concessions/catering trailer and it has one 3' x 6' and one 3' x 4' food serving window openings. However there is no glass or screening and the HD wants the at least screened. Just wonder what some of you all might have done in cases like this. Sealing the window could be a little tricky as the brackets for the gas shocks that hold the cut out up are protruding to the inside along with the locks. Maybe you can see what I am talking about in the photo.

DSCN0891.jpg

screen material and velcro. pullable from bottom to pass food to customer??

screen material and velcro. pullable from bottom to pass food to customer??

Problem is getting a seal around the lift struts.

I removed mine and made supporting brkts that mount outside.

Semi hillbilly but it works!

Attachments

• Trailer 011.jpg
    Trailer 011.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 213
Moving and changing those gas shocks to a better system is probably a good idea anyhow. We all know how dependable they are. You wouldn't want that cover coming down on a customers head.

Good point Dave, I should know. I am an auto tech and have been hit in the head by my share of car hoods with bad shocks. I think I will put a lock system on them to prevent that from happening. Bend a piece of metal in a u shape to lock over the cylinder shaft will stop them if they start to fall. You may have just saved me a law suit :-D

Yes, serving the public by catering and concessions. The HD is requiring the windows to have sceening. That is the reason I am doing the screening. I bought the trailer and I am installing the fresh and gray water tanks, hot water heater, water pump, 3 bay sink and had washing sink, and refrigeration myself to save some money. When I had my HD Plan review I was planning on a tankless hot water heater but looking at the amperage everything will be pulling I am afraid I will end up needing a 50 amp service so I am investigating a gas hot water heater, have to talk with HD about that. HD said everything looks good so far and when I get all the above done she will come do a final inspection. I have my insurance man setting up my coverage and my attorney setting a an "S" Corp. My accountant has everything in place. If I have left anything out please let me know, I have tried to cover all bases.

Thanks

Ruben

Sorry, I hope you don't feel like I was trying to pin you down on the question above :oops: That is just a rule of thumb question I ask my customers. Did the builder know in advance you would be catering and offer to include a screened serving window?

Naw man, did not think that. Ordered the trailer through a friend of a friend who runs a trailer place. He told me at the time I could do it cheaper than him so that is why I am doing it.

Naw man, did not think that. Ordered the trailer through a friend of a friend who runs a trailer place. He told me at the time I could do it cheaper than him so that is why I am doing it.
For future - you can do a lot but vending window is one that you should get done by pros. Some locations ask for a "self closing" window if you do your own. Still a big custom window can run 2-3k.

Almost everything can be done cheaper by you if you have the skills but water for example means adding city water connection with all the appropriate safety features like air breaks. I know zip about plumbing so when I did my current trailer I did the plumbing a couple of times using a licensed plumber.

You should be fine with LP water heater so long as it's properly installed and vented. And you're right about draw and needing a 50 amp box and that means a big honking generator.

I was planning on a tankless hot water heater but looking at the amperage everything will be pulling I am afraid I will end up needing a 50 amp service so I am investigating a gas hot water heater, Ruben

Remember, you do not need everything on all the time. My trailer will draw over 10,000W with everything on, yet I can get by with a quiet 3,000W Honda generator. Just juggle your energy usage.

With regards to the water heater, turn it on for first thing for 15 minutes and then only when you need a lot of hot water (probably only at the end of the day)

I just want to comment on the vista view from the concession trailer windows... very pretty.
Virginia rocks!!

Back