Beef Ribs, Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, and Mushroom Rice

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Been a while since I did any beef ribs. I bought four of these beasts last year, seasoned them up with SPOG and a little chili powder, forced them into vacuum bags (was NOT fun), and put them in the deep freeze.

Got up early (for me) this morning because the wife wants to eat around 4 pm. Up at 8, cleaned, filled, fired up the WSM, and put the bones on just after 9 am.

IMG_3381_zps7pbiodzj.jpg

I have the Maverick hooked up, but only because I plan to get an hour or two nap. I plan to cook anywhere from 275* - 300* for 6 to 6.5 hours. That cold hunk of meat has her running at 268* now, but that will go up once it starts taking some heat. Added a little Mesquite to flavor it up.

IMG_3384_zpsmmqf9ear.jpg

This afternoon, I will be grilling some Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, and making some Mushroom and Beef flavored rice.

Making the sides.

Asparagus wrapped:

IMG_3388_zpsnxtopymp.jpg

Sauteed the veggies prior to the rice and beef stock being added...

IMG_3389_zps0buid0jf.jpg

Added the rice and it is cooking now. Should be able to plate in the next 30 minutes.

Indirect grilled the wrapped asparagus, basting them a couple times with garlic butter, and then finishing with some Parmesan cheese.

IMG_3393_zps9pzvbwdw.jpg

Sliced the bones:

IMG_3394_zps3v8kibuq.jpg

Plated:

IMG_3395_zpspwnooyzu.jpg

The ribs were very tender for the most part, just a little crust that was crispy. The rice was delicious. The wrapped asparagus? Pretty salty and had a slight tangy taste. Never had Prosciutto before, but I gather that's part of it's normal taste. It was alright, but not sure if I would make again.

Thanks for the ideas and for following along...

Very nice! I need to see if I can find beef ribs around here. We have short ribs by the bucket load but no full slabs. I really want to go caveman sometime.

Back