• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tilapia

oifmarine2003

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Decided to cook some tilapia on the gasser. I decided to try two different seasonings. The first piece of tilapia, I tried my new creole seasoning I got from 1FUNVET in the Cinco de Mayo exchange.

The second piece I used some onion powder, garlic powder, and lemon peel.

I also threw together some veggies (mushrooms, onions, zucchini, egg plant, and sweet potatoes)

I wrapped everything up in foil and threw it on the gasser at a medium low heat for about 10-12 minutes.

It turned out pretty tasty! The creole piece was the better of the two.

Very tough keeping the correct texture and moisture in fish. A little over cooking and it becomes sticky when bitten. I love it when the fish flakes with a glossy texture. The meal looked great but only you know whether you really hit it perfectly!!!!
John

Nice lookin tasty groceries!
Couldn't you have done the same thing in the oven? Heat is heat when it's wrapped. If ya feel like trying it in the future, Adams reserve southwest seasoning and lawrys seasoning on the tilapia is da friggin bomb, trash fish or not.

Looks delicious! I've not tried tilapia often but need to.
Been using one of my gassers a lot lately too, have been short on time for cooking so it's nice to fire up fast. Will give your ideas a try..Thanks!

Back