Share a Meat Calculator with everyone

Great tool! I don't do big crowds very often and always struggle with quantities-this is fantastic!

Zip File

.xls File

Open Office File

Here's a copy of my catering planner, I think it may be around here somewhere already first one's a zip file, (.zip), second an excel file, (.xls), third a Open Office calc file, (.ods).

I'm confused. If I read the spreadsheet correctly (ODS version), the cost to purchase sides is always more than the cost that they are being sold to the customer. That should lead to a loss, but the numbers always show a profit. Were the formulas built backwards?

I'm confused. If I read the spreadsheet correctly (ODS version), the cost to purchase sides is always more than the cost that they are being sold to the customer. That should lead to a loss, but the numbers always show a profit. Were the formulas built backwards?

Hmm, I had only used the meat calc part of it and it's right on, but you're right, there's something funny about the sides & sauces calc part...

You can change the "your cost" and "sell price" fields and watch the totaled end price to the customer change, but it shows like a 400% profit if you sell it for the same price per lb that you bought it for...

Since the cells are locked, there's no way of checking to see what the formula's are for those cells either.

I see there are several "email me" links in the sheet, I'd fire off a msg to him asking for clarification!

Hopefully he'll post his reply here so that we can all see it!

Ry

Thanks guys! i think i have this figured out.... I am BBQing for 75 serious meat eaters. I am planning on smoking about 40lbs of pulled pork, 3 brisket flats, 3 brisket points (for burnt ends) and 6 racks of ribs. I am also having 3 sides (beans, slaw and pasta salad). If I'm ready the spreadsheets correctly, I should have enough meat. Can any of the experts validate that I should have enough meat?

Hmm, I had only used the meat calc part of it and it's right on, but you're right, there's something funny about the sides & sauces calc part...

You can change the "your cost" and "sell price" fields and watch the totaled end price to the customer change, but it shows like a 400% profit if you sell it for the same price per lb that you bought it for...

Ry

Sorry I missed this one, it appears that folks are not reading the amounts that the sides come packaged in, they appear next to the item description.

e.g.
Potato Salad 80 Oz tub cost $3.42 for 80 Oz, that's 5lbs for those that were counting, so if you sell it at 3 cents per lb more you will sell those 5 lbs that cost $3.42 for $17.25, so cost to customer $17.25 - $3.42 initial cost = $13.83, and this profit divide by $3.42, (initial cost) = 404% profit.

If you read each side description they have the weight in the package, not the cost per lb.

I hope that helps out.

The email links should still work, I check that account every couple of days so if you have a question you can ask them.

What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to open in excel 2007 & getting a bunch of code.

Thanks for the link, however my computer is so old that I cannot open ms office documents. Is there any chance you could post the original pdf link?

Paulie G. mine is not workable in a PDF that I know of, I'll do some investigating and post again.

You could always buy a newer computer! :shock:

Dang... the link doesn't work anymore!! Does anyone have a copy that I could get?

Back