View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #37
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2006JE View Post
i would tend to agree with oldbill. i got the stoker for the reason of using multiple probes(2meat probes) and 3 temp sensors(1 for pit control and 2 monitors for other zones), the fan, and initially the ability to control via the computer. I started out with the old stoker without wifi, i now have the blackbox wifi version. I dont use the computer anymore with the stoker just a prefrence not to but i do like that i can expand the system to as many probes and sensors that i want.

The ability to infinitely expand and the built in WiFi capability are the Stoker's main Pros. The Guru (DigiQ II) is cheaper than a Stoker. It also has a much simpler interface and occupies a much smaller footprint. They both control the fire well.

I use the Guru on my tailgate smoker. I prefer the simplicity and the smaller footprint since there are a lot of drunks around and the odds of them messing something up are less. It would be kind of nice to have WiFi so I don't have to get out of the camper to check the fire.

I use(d) the Stoker at home with my Klose. I liked being able to connect it to the network so I can run errands and still be able to monitor the fire. I also used Stokerlog which allowed me to graph and "save" my cooks for comparison purposes.
luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote