>Bluehawg's 120 Gallon Smoker Build

Man the progress looks good and the build looks sweet! I can't wait to see you break it in :clap2:

Man the progress looks good and the build looks sweet! I can't wait to see you break it in :clap2:
Trying to get the firebox welded up this week... But having to work it around giving 9wks exams and such.:tsk: I hate giving tests almost as much as the youngins hate taking em. I can't stand to have to grade papers, therefore I give LOTS of performance and participation grades.:thumb:

Got the firebox welded up all the way around inside and out. Now, have to cut the back side of 2" frame I have the cooker sitting on so I can slide the firebox in and weld it to the cooker. I will then attach the 2" tubing to each side of the firebox so the legs will be back to being braced all 4 directions. Will post pics up soon as I can. Gotta start planning out the door for the firebox as well. I want the air inlets in the door like phrasty and others have done. I feel it will be better that way than from the sides. Hopefully before long, I can get some fire going in this thing. My anxiousness is about to KILL me over. LOL

Ok here's a pic of the front as of today.

532787_272676412828807_119658621463921_542910_1516727047_n.jpg

I will post some more fotos soon.

BTW, the angle I took the above picture at makes it look like there is some slant to the smoke stacks but there isn't. They are plumb and level it is just the angle of the photo. Was trying to get it at an angle where the sun coming in through those windows didn't mess the picture up too much.

MM, I am trying my BEST to finish it completely before the end but if I don't, I can always finish it shortly thereafter... I just happen to have a set of keys:mrgreen:...

I need to get it done quickly though because I want to cook on it a time or two before this little cook off contest we are having here locally on July 4. I want to win that joker.:mrgreen:

Well, well, well, look who has decided to rejoin us build junkies! Good to see you getting close to the end.

I need to get it done quickly though because I want to cook on it a time or two before this little cook off contest we are having here locally on July 4. I want to win that joker.:mrgreen:

Details of said cookoff...

Very good work indeed!!!:clap:
Thanks, it has been a long and ardous process but I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel... And I smell smoke:mrgreen:

Well, well, well, look who has decided to rejoin us build junkies! Good to see you getting close to the end.
Yeah, I've had a lot of other projects come up that had to take precedence over this. Didn't want to do too much without my students cause this has been a jam up learning experience for them.

Details of said cookoff...
July 4th, Petal, MS. It is sponsored by Petal-Harvey Baptist Church and is going to be an all day event with fun jumps & water slides for the kids, bbq contest, a patriotic themed program, live music and entertainment, and fireworks. The church is furnishing the meat for the cook off so once each team pays its entry fee, they will give the meat to the teams the night before at the cooks meeting so that any prep that needs to be done can be done and the cooks will be able to see what they have to work with. Electricity and water will be available. Once you have turned in all of your contest entries for judging they will pick up the extra meat and take it to the kitchen so the kitchen crew can serve it up as the entrees for the meal that will be provided for all that attend. I think this is a fundraising contest and a 4th of July celebration all rolled into one. I am certain that the money raised will go to pay for the celebration and that all remaining funds will be used for missions and for outreach programs for those serving overseas in the military. They send care packages and things over there all the time for the soldiers that are stationed in the Gulf. It helps some of those guys cope a little better when they know that there are those that appreciate them. They all probably get letters from family and friends, but when strangers send thanks and personal items they can use over there to make their service there a little more comfortable, they appreciate it. Little things like wet wipes or those little dehydrated towels you get from places like Bass Pro are really appreciated.

I got it moved outside and built a fire in there for burnout finally! THAT was one HOT FIRE!!! One of the kids put a napkin on the top of the firebox.... It spontaneously COMBUSTED! Boiled water on it... Fire got so hot that when I tried to see what the temp was with my infared laser thermometer... It started 100, 300, 600, HI and then started flashing "ERROR --HI" LOL... Hope I didn't get it too daggum hot.

Here is a pic of the burnout and a good look of the front while it is outside in better light than in the shop. I will post a pic of the back of smoker as soon as I can.
318119_276003742496074_119658621463921_550631_440814540_n.jpg

Back