BBQ Brethren Throwdown..."Kabobs"...

I'm thinking chili cheese dog kabobs. Can't quit thinking of Brewmaster's wiener.

I fixed a couple of prime ribeyes tonight.. I was going to put skewers through them and call them kabobs, but they were so beautiful, I couldn't do it!

I'll be the first then..

Entry #1

Fresh chicken in a Turkish marinade with onions, bell peppers, tomatoes on a stainless and brass skewer.

wi80tj.jpg

It's gettin hot :D

9ldhg6.jpg

Grilled Pita bread stuffed with chicken, salad and topped with home made garlic mayo, blazin hot chili sauce served with cucumber, onions, and peppers. YUMM!

2h532hv.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Dr. KY so I'll guess I'll be #2. I like the 2nd pic with the fire. Looks perfect. Mine is a grilled fruit kabob over mixed fruit sherbert with a strawberry/merlot reduction and drizzled with clover honey. Where is everyone else? Come on we got a throwdown going on here. Yeah that's snow in the background. It sucks more tonight.
Picture679.jpg

Picture684.jpg

Thanks brother. So how was yours? I did four of these for our family (daughter home from college) after a I did a lamb on the Weber rotisserie which came out really good. I love lamb but only grilled. I've tried it in the oven and ended up feeding it to the dog. Hell, at least he was happy according to his tail anyways.

We are stuffed! I also did lamb and beef because momma is a fan of it. The Chicken was outstanding with the home made garlic mayo so I made a garlic cucumber mayo with fennel for the lamb.

I just wish I had some serious photo skills or better backgrounds and plates as it tend to make the difference in these throw downs. :( That's alright though it unlike anything I have ever seen on a forum and it's great to be a part of it all. I have been giving Kegrilla a serious workout the last two weeks and getting use to controlling the heat as it an unusual cooking machine.

r7ofbb.jpg

They are cool being that they are flat the meat stays in place when turning plus they are long enough to get plenty of food on.

zo9rg2.jpg

Made in Turkey

24nehhj.jpg

Dr.KY, do you have a post about the keg smoker you made? I like it! Very coooool! Care to send me a couple of them skewers? I'll pay ya American $$. As much as that is worth now!

Back