• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First cook on the PBC..

rehless

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hope the pic loads. Used competition Kingsford. Ran too hot. Chicken done in an hour. Moist, very good. Learning process. Really like this cooker.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 215
Pbc

Chicken looks Tasty. Wait until you try ribs, and brisket it will really shine. The PBC makes me smile every time it burps blue. One if the best cookers on the market today.

Looks great. PBC is a killer cooker especially with chicken. Dont worry about running hot. The beauty of the PBC is the fact that you put the meat in and take it out in a specific time contingent to your elevation. The temps eventually settle around 275+/-. The initial high temp sears the surface and locks in the juices with the end result being moist pieces of meat.

Great looking cook.... How do you cook bigger cuts without the bottom burning or finishing quicker?

Great looking cook.... How do you cook bigger cuts without the bottom burning or finishing quicker?

Thats the beauty of the this cooker. Even with meat hanging a couple inches from the firebox it will not burn or chat. Vertical cooking at its best IMO.

I did 3 racks of ribs yesterday on my PBC. One of the racks was a little longer and charred just the last rib. I would say it was only a 2" off the coals. Best tasting ribs I have ever made!

Back