Blues, Views, Westport CT, Sept. 26 & 27th, 2009

bbqdavarrow

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Blues, Views BBQ Sept. 26 & 27th, Just wondering what teams are thinking about, We have two contests in CT in a 3 week period. Norwalk BBQ comp is Sept 11-13th. Norwalk will be its first year, whereas it will be Blues/Views Westports 2nd year, will prize $$ be a factor? will you do both? If only one, why that one?
Dave - Red Planet BBQ - CT

Westport because the entry fee is reasonable for my rig.

We have decided to cook Westport and not Norwalk. Norwalk is part of a huge festival and for us, we would prefer the more low key event. I know Norwalk has $22K in prize money, but your BBQ needs to consistently score well for that to be a consideration :p

We cooked Westport last year, and it was a great event. Looking forward to it, as it is our next contest.

I am doing both, but I am concerned about the size of Norwalk, I also prefer the low key atmosphere. I really enjoyed Westport last year and I am looking forward to the "Pizza" category on Sunday - New this year

Norwalk is going to be great, the prize money makes it worth it. I will be doing Seaside Heights, NJ the weekend of westport its only 10 minutes from my house.

I really enjoyed Westport, though as of last night it looks like I can't do it this year due to three scheduling conflicts that weekend.

May look at adding that Seaside Heights contest or Norwalk.

I will be doing Westport this year again. It is 3 days before I leave on my road trip to the Royal but I dont care. Norwalk to expensive for my blood. Westport was an awesome event last year.Bob does a great job of running it. Pissed thats the sauce category was changed to pizza:rolleyes::biggrin:

I really enjoyed Westport, though as of last night it looks like I can't do it this year due to three scheduling conflicts that weekend.

May look at adding that Seaside Heights contest or Norwalk.

Damn hasn't been your year! I hope things work out. We'll miss you at Westport.

Damn hasn't been your year! I hope things work out. We'll miss you at Westport.
yeah, if I can make it work I will. Its getting tougher to be a one man make-shift team with my brother now in florida full time and relying on side help from random family and friends. If I could find a guy to drive my trailer and setup life would be much easier!

yeah, if I can make it work I will. Its getting tougher to be a one man make-shift team with my brother now in florida full time and relying on side help from random family and friends. If I could find a guy to drive my trailer and setup life would be much easier!

We always have spare team mates just let us know and you can borrow them for the weekend. :lol:

I appreciate it, skip! I wish more local brethren were as supportive but it is what it is. Next year, team swamp in da eye.

I dont recall you ever asking..

Nah, it's not you. In the words of Motoeric, "it sucks to be [me]". I'm just frustrated. Sled is as hard a worker as a single person team as I am. We worked very hard and had some luck on our side to win the contests we did. I hope I can find a way to come to connecticut.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could do this one instead of seaside but I am leaving for florida the 27th. We had a verbal agreement for me to vend in seaside (even had the contract in hand) and they back doored me. They took the advice of the rep who to get to vend, I guess being th new guy sucks sometimes. It is 10 minutes from my house and 5 minutes from my kitchen. Owning local service businesses I had hundreds of people coming out to hang around. I hope the still consider me.

Nah, it's not you. In the words of Motoeric, "it sucks to be [me]". I'm just frustrated. Sled is as hard a worker as a single person team as I am. We worked very hard and had some luck on our side to win the contests we did. I hope I can find a way to come to connecticut.

Yeah, those NY Brethren are cold hearted bastards. Misanthropic oafs who never reach out to offer assistance to others.

Eric

Back