Marketing help

G

GratefulSmoker

I'm interested in doing private parties only and am not sure how to market myself. What are some marketing ideas that you all have used? Thanks!

Don't laugh but start wih a free CL ad.
I'm interested in doing private parties only and am not sure how to market myself. What are some marketing ideas that you all have used? Thanks!

You gotta find one party first and then do it up right. Nobody is gonna start off with a bang unless they get credibility first. I have done a couple of weddings and whenever I am at the reception halls, the folks working there always ask me for my card saying they can get me all kinds of business. I have maybe received one call as a result but then again never persue it.

When you say private party, do you mean small party of large catering job?

How busy would you like to be, one a month, two, maybe three?

cards,shirts,yellow pages,& what the others have said.
try cooking for a charity event or 2 to get some exposure.hit the lion's club,rotary,chamber of commerce,& see what events & festivals you may have around-do samplers.
tv & radio community calenders in your area.

Thanks for the tips guys! I appreciate it. I am planning on doing about 3-4 a month to start off with. Doing parties of around 100 or less. I am a stay at home dad so I don't have quite the freedom as some do. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions in the very near future.

I think what Josh means is that he wants to cook on site only. No commissary, no vending.

He wants a part time catering gig like many of us have.

That's it Jeff, that's what I was trying to get out. Thanks!

Thanks for the tips guys! I appreciate it. I am planning on doing about 3-4 a month to start off with. Doing parties of around 100 or less. I am a stay at home dad so I don't have quite the freedom as some do. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions in the very near future.
i'd still say hook up w/ the rotary club which meets once a week usually in a restaurant but you may get a banquet room for them once a month.
be sure to send samples to work w/ people you know & advertise as a special events(wedding etc.)private caterer.

Back