Weber/Vision Kamado Morph. (Pr0n)

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I borrowed my friends 22.5 Weber Kettle for a comp cook tomorrow night. I confirmed something that I have been speculating. The weber top fits my Vision Kamado perfectly!

So now I would like to know, can I use the extension kit from Weber and basically use it like a WSM? I am thinking yes! But, you Weber guys would know! I think this opens a whole lot of doors to me!

Thanks

Damn Jed you gotta try it! I would even contact one of the mfg's to see about a deal - think about the marketing opportunities if it works.
I borrowed my friends 22.5 Weber Kettle for a comp cook tomorrow night. I confirmed something that I have been speculating. The weber top fits my Vision Kamado perfectly!

So now I would like to know, can I use the extension kit from Weber and basically use it like a WSM? I am thinking yes! But, you Weber guys would know! I think this opens a whole lot of doors to me!

Thanks

Damn Jed you gotta try it! I would even contact one of the mfg's to see about a deal - think about the marketing opportunities if it works.
I think I would have to unhinge the kamado lid or perhaps the sides might just clear, it's touch and go there Dave. But I could sure hang a bunch of ribs in that baby. I was going to have a collar custom made but now it seems I won't need to!

hmmmm...I'm definitely interested in this...What an awesome mod..If this works, guess I no longer need a UDS :tsk:

Look fwd to following this thread..:clap2:

Looking to see where this one goes as well ...Be pretty cool if it works and it looks like it should !:clap2::idea::idea::idea::clap:

What about the Cajun Bandit extension? or even the rotisserie accessory? I would love to have a rotisserie for my BGE.

I think I would have to unhinge the kamado lid or perhaps the sides might just clear, it's touch and go there Dave. But I could sure hang a bunch of ribs in that baby. I was going to have a collar custom made but now it seems I won't need to!

I have a guy in Ocala who will custom roll me one for my 26.75 OTG, I'm still playing with designs so it can be a pizza insert w/door, hold a rotisserie and a second cooking rack for smoking. I was planning on using my tubing bender (see our vertical stickburder build thread) to make some rings to seal it up. If you can get away with a stock attachment for the 22.5 that would be great, but if some rings become necessary let me know, that should be an easy mod and I'll see if I can set you up.
Tubing bender is shown in this thread.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162551
There are a couple of aftermarket inserts out there, here is one thread comparing them, probably others.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80183
PS: just wondering if there might be someone near Ft. Lauderdale that has one you could borrow to test fit?

Last edited:
Back