View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
beercuer
Full Fledged Farker

Default My "Let's do it Aussie style" Throwdown Entry

G'Day Mates.

This is my official entry into the "Let's Do It Aussie Style" TD

I'm really relying on, counting on, the Aussie sense of humor with this one. This "whackadoodle" entry was inspired in part by all of what was discussed in the "non quality" thread.

I call it my "Fosters Walkabout Cowpie."

Let's introduce a few of the things that go into this making. Notice besides the all-important Fosters Premium Ale, I also have my old casette of Men At Work album. Remember them? Had me a great little Aussie style party with this one.

Okay, uh-oh... Now what's he doing. Looks like a footprint somewhat. Perhaps a thong (flip flop) print? Hmmm... for now we'll just have to wait and see. Better head out to the pit now.

A little Fosters, a little "Land Down Under" music pumped up, and now my Aussie style pitbosses. We're good to go.

Remember that thong print?

Set those crescent style biscuits of sorts aside, and get on with the saute of some onions and crimini mushrooms that will be the making of a Salisbury steak gravy.

Speaking of which, I got them Salisbury steaks, er "cowpies" grilling right over here:

Alright... in goes the Fosters and such to make the gravy while the pies soak it up.

Let's plate it up now. So we have a thong and a cowpie, with onion rich Fosters gravy to enhance flavor, and mushed potatoes at the heel, some mixed veggies with mini corns on the cob, and lastly something else which speaks to me of Australia-- the all important Kiwi fruit.

Please use this next pic as my specific entry pic

This is just a macroshot of the Salisbury steak. I had me a great ol' party-- celebrated like it was an Aussie holiday. I find the Fosters Ale is actually far more appealing to me than the beer. And I just LUV Salisbury steak, even if the way I served it seems repugnant.

Thanks from: --->