Tahoka Texas MERGED Threads

RE: Results of our First Competition - Tahoka Texas

Congrats! Sounds like you had fun, and learned some stuff. Keep it up.

Great job, Meathead!

Congrats Meathead. Sounds like you have been bitten by the competion bug.

Very nice first contest.........you won just enough to really let it get under your skin........so??? when's your next competition??

Welcome to the dark side! :twisted:

chad said:
I been waiting on Chad to post that :lol:
DITTO. He is so right :lol:

You will never go back now!

Congrats.

TIM

Congrats Meathead

I see you here constantly.

Just cuz you don't post alot, doesnt make you any less a brother, thats for sure.

I have to assume Keystone is a beer or something? If you can share (take out secret ingredient) bean recipe, please do so in WoodPile.

Good show, Bro

Don't know if you get the same feeling but I already feel like I know how to proceed with a lot of different situations at a contest, just from reading and asking questions here. I think being a Brethren definitely shortens the learning curve!
Without a doubt! I felt like I had done it before. I knew exactly what to expect and how to handle it. I would not have even entered if it were not for all of the information and experience you guys share.

Very nice first contest.........you won just enough to really let it get under your skin........so??? when's your next competition??
It definately got under my skin. I finally know how mine compares to what the big boys are doing. We have a big one coming up in August at the local lake and I was invited to several more while at this event. I will just have to see what I can swing. Maybe I can talk the boss into providing me some support. I just have to see.

LOL :D

Just cuz you don't post alot, doesnt make you any less a brother, thats for sure.

I have to assume Keystone is a beer or something? If you can share (take out secret ingredient) bean recipe, please do so in WoodPile.
Thanks, *wiping eyes* you really know how to make a man feel welcome. Keystone (actually Keystone Light, it is not available in a full flavored version) is a very popular beer around here. I thought is was a national brand, quess not. It is just like Coors Light, only it saves you about $5.00 on a 30 pack. It is not a cheap beer, just cheaper than the big brands. The beans were very simple, I am on my way over to the woodpile to share my bean recipe.

The beans were very simple, I am on my way over to the woodpile to share my bean recipe.[/quote]

I meant Q Talk,

It was a late post

Congrats on the great job. Hope to hear more from you as your trophy mantle fills up.

I thought Woodpile did not sound right, but oh well.. hehe I have not posted yet. I think you will be suprised by how simple it really is. Kinda seems a little too simple to place as well as they did. Maybe that is why they did so well, because they were not overloaded with add-ins.

iceman - I got a huge boost fo confidence - I am sure I will chime in a little bit more now.

Nice pics txpgapro, did you introduce yourself in cattle call? Hey, it looks like you and I were separated at birth :shock:. I have pics to post but they are still on the camera. Here are a couple pictures a friend took and emailed to me.

Congrats Meathead, it's always fun to see how ya stack up. Sounds like you did well!

Sorry Meathead, but I'm not in the pics! That was the Head Cook - Redneck Cooker. I was just helping as one of the PB's. How big is the comp at the lake?

Back