Contest Announcment "Best Dam BBQ Cookoff", Benton, Illinois - July 2, 2011

well, I'd prefer if you'd just come and help ME :)
You're one of those "good teams" I was talking about.

well, I'd prefer if you'd just come and help ME :)
You're one of those "good teams" I was talking about.
Awwww Shucks....:bow::bow::bow:

I'll be more than willing to help you... Now first, go out and start buying all of the red tipped lettuce you can find! Don't worry about it going bad, just store it in the freezer....

Awwww Shucks....:bow::bow::bow:

I'll be more than willing to help you... Now first, go out and start buying all of the red tipped lettuce you can find! Don't worry about it going bad, just store it in the freezer....

Thanks Jeff, I still have that from last time you told me to buy it. Glad it'll keep. Although, I am thinking of using green shag carpet cut to the size of the box this year.

Okay guys, I've talked to a lot of teams and this is what I've come up with so tell me what you think and that's what I'll shoot for Monday.

Grand Champion - $1000

Reserve - $750

Across The Board

1st - $250
2nd - $200
3rd - $150
4th - $100
5th - $50

The Chamber Board is pretty understanding people and I think they will agree on this. So give me some feedback on this so I know where we're at on this thing and get it taken care of. Thanks guys! :thumb:

That looks great Chuck! I spoke with Chris and explained also! Have a great one!

Okay guys, I've talked to a lot of teams and this is what I've come up with so tell me what you think and that's what I'll shoot for Monday.

Grand Champion - $1000

Reserve - $750

Across The Board

1st - $250
2nd - $200
3rd - $150
4th - $100
5th - $50

The Chamber Board is pretty understanding people and I think they will agree on this. So give me some feedback on this so I know where we're at on this thing and get it taken care of. Thanks guys! :thumb:

Grand Champion - $1000

Reserve - $750

Across The Board

1st - $250
2nd - $200
3rd - $150
4th - $100
5th - $50

I can live with that! Thanks for listening, Chuck!

That looks great Chuck! I spoke with Chris and explained also! Have a great one!

Agree with above, this looks a lot more enticing.
I felt kinda bad for even bringing up "money issues" but I'm glad I did and I would like to second the notion above about your willingness to even listen to the feedback and go above and beyond to make the effort.
Thank You

Now I just have to convince the wife to do this one over a holiday weekend.

Aaron
Big O' Dang O' BBQ

Great call on the awards Chuck. As others have written, we truly appreciate your willingness to listen to the cooks and their opinions. Congrats on a great first year contest, Smokin' T's are looking forward to cooking with you again this year.

Troy

Playing the 'poor preacher' card again?????

Hey that's no "card" - that's my life most days.
I'm just trying to keep all the competition I can at home - I'm sure a lot of the others here are better than me, but you and Ron are the only ones I know that I can harass.

Actually, I hope we all get to compete there - it would be nice to know there are guys there that I could ask questions, etc.

Besides, any time I get to spend with Brethren in real life is a blessings.

We are looking hard at this one. i would be there for sure, except the date is bad for us. Holiday and the week before our local festival and backyard BBQ contest we put on.

I'm just trying to keep all the competition I can at home - I'm sure a lot of the others here are better than me, but you and Ron are the only ones I know that I can harass.
Come on... You're Lutheran! You can harass via guilt better than any one! LOL... I actually think that if you didn't (try to) pick on me, you didn't like me... LOL
Actually, I hope we all get to compete there - it would be nice to know there are guys there that I could ask questions, etc.
You know that even if we aren't there, you can always call and we'd help you out!
Besides, any time I get to spend with Brethren in real life is a blessings.

That's the best reason yet!!!!

this should be a great contest, it was last year,overlooking the lake, nice campgrounds nearby:clap2:
This year will be great! We actually booked "Skinny Jim" to play the Friday night 8p-10p so there will be something going on the teams can enjoy. I also pushed the washer tournament back to after the awards for the cook off. I did that because there were some guys on teams that wanted to play but couldn't last year because we had it early in the day. We're also gonna have a couple bands Saturday night. And this year, we are getting it put in the permit to allow teams to stay until Sunday if they want the extra day to relax, instead of having to travel home after cooking all day. There will be closer porta potty's, closer turn in, and I have a water/ice delivery system in the works. So this brings me to the next item. Any ideas of what you guys would like to get in your goodie buckets? Last year we did grill lighters, oven mitts, paper towels, and tinfoil. :thumb:

Good going Chuck! I talked to Chris about keeping the portapoties and judging tent on the same side of the highway this year.The concern was that judges would ee teams bring boxes up to turn in. The reps will tarp the front of judges tent so no judge or cook will see each other.
Also are you going to keep the parking the same? In the lines?

Back