Greetings From Northwestern Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Greetings all! My name is Tom Porter. Some of you might know me already, most probably not. Either way, I look forward to learning more and getting more ideas about harnessing the ancient and awesome traditions of taming smoke and flame to create BBQ!
I've been grilling ever since I was a kid but, have been moving into the BBQ realm in just the last couple of years. In fact, my goal at this point is to get further into the competitive BBQ field. I also try to share any tips or recipes I come across in several different ways both in person and online.
As far as the equipment I use; right now I have 1 UDS and am planning on building at least one more, I have a baby charbroil that I usually use for doing burgers, brats, and the like, for local competitions and big family gatherings I use a tow-behind rig made from a 250gal fuel drum that was originally made for roasting hogs on a spit but, w/ a little modifying it now has two tiers of racks in it for cooking just about anything I want. It has a coal pan in the bottom made from an old water tank cut in half and runs the length of the cooker. The coals are kept far enough away from the racks that I can use the rig for smoking but, they are also close enough for when properly filled w/ coals it will grill as well. It is a beast of a little rig and can be tempermental but can produce some wicked stuff if you let it. I have plans on building a new rig from a 500lb propane tank and plan on having that completed before I will begin seriously competing.
There is more to tell, like there always is, but, feel free to ask any questions you might have. Love talking to and getting to know people.
Thanks for welcoming me into the Brethren.

They will let just about anyone in here...

Welcome to another member of the #bbqcomedyhour!

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! At some point I'll get a decent avatar and signature.

Welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!

Hey Tom!
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Yeah, I'm from Wisconsin too. How 'bout them Badgers going to the Frozen Four?

welcome from a part time Cheesehead.
Office in Eau Claire, land outside of Spooner, mortgage in Mpls

Welcome, Tom! Glad to see you branching out from Twitter. ;)

Arlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back