• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sechzuan Country Style Ribs with Pineapple

Fake Farmer

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Doing some Country Style Ribs for the first time. Lawry's Sweet and Sour Sechzuan BBQ marinade is one of our favorites for everything. Just enough spice, with great flavor. Nothing fancy, but should be good eats with grilled pineapple next to them.

image_zpsfe5df464.jpg

image_zpsc7b2bdd6.jpg

Happy Independence Day! Hope to get some finished pics on here tonight, but with family coming over and little ones we'll see...

1. I came here expecting great looking food shots, I feel teased. TEASE!

2. Szechaun Sweet and Sour? Now that is a concept.

I have never marinated my csr ribs. Something new to me.
Would love to hear your after supper report.

You guys do not know what you're missing!
This cook was amazing and resulted in some happy adults and
A VERY happy young boy. More pics on the way...

That looks like its delicious. Gonna have to try that marinade sometime. Gotta say, country ribs here in the L.A. area look nothing like that. Those look nice and lean. The ones I see around here look like this;

Attachments

• country-ribs.jpg
    country-ribs.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 133
Sorry about the tease.

Westy, gotta say I wasn't excited about this cook because nobody ever sounded impressed with this cut. However, these were basically 1.5 inch thick lean pork chops. Very lean and juicy. Here's how it went down...

Had my little helper pinching some K salt and pepper on the meat. Then drizzled the rest of the marinade back on (just to not be wasteful).

image_zpsda864c93.jpg

image_zps246da211.jpg

image_zpsc50fc184.jpg

Nothing sexy about the cook. Just rotated them all from med/high direct heat at 350 for a sear to indirect medium heat to continue cooking. 20 minutes and done. The sweet/spicy glaze was spot on.

image_zps8dd7455a.jpg

image_zps2622996b.jpg

And an asian noodle salad with cashews, spinach, soft noodles and a homemade sesame ginger dressing.
image_zps829a3728.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Never Heard of that marinade

But I definitely have to try it out. If I can find some in the great white north.
Can't find Lawry's Seasoned pepper up here anymore, have to hunt it down in the south. I love that stuff. On the good news note, Baby Ray's is now available up here.

I admit, seeing sweet and sour with Sechzuan caught my interest. I was expecting some of these:

or these:

somewhere in the marinade.

The finished dish you presented though I'd definitely hit. With gusto.:mrgreen:

Back