Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Florida State BBQ Championship - Daytona Beach, FL - July 2nd/3rd

W

WhiskeyBentBBQ

Alright guys. We have a big event down here July 4th weekend. NASCAR, holiday weekend and some of the best competition teams in the country. Who is in and who is out?

To make this interesting and to start the smack talk, I am opening the odds at 7-1 that a FBA team takes the GC at this KCBS event. Always open to feedback.

Whiskey Bent looks forward to meeting alot of new teams at this one.

I'm out, saving my money for practicing this summer to partake in some cash winnings in Fun Cook, Bartow, Mulberry, Plant City, & Sebring. I wouldn't be ready for Daytona. Eb's Pit Stop BBQ will be there.

Good Luck and my vote is for an FBA team to take it too.

Sounds good T.K., we should see you at all the events you are gunning for later in the year! We will look for Eb's at Daytona.

I am glad I am not the only one thinking that the FBA can keep the grand in FL.

My wife and I will be there to judge. We are then heading to Oak Ridge Tennessee to judge there before we head it on home to Missouri. keith

Mobow - I never thought I would say this but try to bring some of that MO weather with you when you come. Especially if it is less than 95 degrees and 100% humidity. Sounds like you and then wife have a nice BBQ vacation planned. Come by and have a beer with us after turn-ins.

I will be there in some capacity :thumb:

Rumor on the street is that there are only 42 teams signed up for this one. Which has me asking a couple of questions:

1. Is there another $30K guaranteed contest in the southeast that weekend?
2. Is the neighborhood block party fireworks so awesome, that you don't want to forego them for a shot at some real prize money?
3. This is a Smoke on the Water BBQ production, I thought everyone came out for these? Ron offers the biggest prize pools in the country.
4. It is Daytona on a July 4th weekend. We are talking NASCAR and BBQ! Why wouldn't you want to be there?

This just has me baffled. When this contest was announced, I thought we would be looking at a 100-150 team field. Guess my handicapping abilities are called into question at this point.

I have not heard about number of teams. A couple of weeks ago they put a shout out for more judges and volunteers. Am looking forward to it.

You do not want me to bring any of our weather right now. Heat index has been 105 and up. I'm coming down hoping to at least get a coastal breeze.

Will stop and say high if time allows. I have to be across the state by dark so who knows.

Good luck on your cooking hope you do well. keith

Rumor on the street is that there are only 42 teams signed up for this one. Which has me asking a couple of questions:

1. Is there another $30K guaranteed contest in the southeast that weekend?
2. Is the neighborhood block party fireworks so awesome, that you don't want to forego them for a shot at some real prize money?
3. This is a Smoke on the Water BBQ production, I thought everyone came out for these? Ron offers the biggest prize pools in the country.
4. It is Daytona on a July 4th weekend. We are talking NASCAR and BBQ! Why wouldn't you want to be there?

This just has me baffled. When this contest was announced, I thought we would be looking at a 100-150 team field. Guess my handicapping abilities are called into question at this point.
I have been down there for the race in July a few times. I think I am still feeling the effects of the heat from those trips. Maybe they are skeeeered:becky:

Mobow - I hope there is plenty of that breeze to go around next week. Safe travels and we hope to see you.

Sledneck - It is definitely going to be a hot one. That is for sure and even if it rains, that means it will just be more humid when it is done. I am not too upset about the turn out. I like our chances at a piece of $30K more with 42 teams than with 150 teams. :p

i will be there in spirit, but in reality i will be hangin out in the house with the AC set on about 70....best of luck to everyone

Come see the Swamp Boys at the Kingsford site for some cooking demos on Friday and Saturday. I'll have my small Stumps and Weber Ranch Kettle on stage with me. Saturday afternoon come watch as Marcos Ambrose joins us to share some of his grilling secrets. The #47 Kingsford car will be there, and there will be lots to see and do. Make plans to stop by and say hey!

Rub,

Please let us know what times we can see you on stage. Between Whiskey Bent and Team Unknown, we can gather up a good 10-12 Polk County rednecks to provide some proper heckling. :-D This could be alot of fun!!

In all seriousness, best of luck with it. We know you will do a great job!

We will be there. Probably going over Thursday, even though there's not supposed to be power until Friday :evil: However, I've arranged to borrow a Honda so I can crank the AC and relax while I watch everyone set up on Friday. Looking forward to my second KCBS event! And BTW- I'm with you Chad...I think an FBA team is the odds on favorite. Lol

Warfrat - Feel free to come out of that AC around 10 AM on Daytona and help us set up. I wouldn't want you being too pampered. :p

Glad you are with me on an FBA team taking down the money. We have talked the smack now we just have to back it up.

Back