Mid-Weekday KCBS Event?

it's hard enough getting time off for weekend comps. but then again this is just a hobbie for us.

We would cook it if we were on vacation...or something like that! Guess this one is for the pro teams out there...:becky:

I would if it wasn't so far but hey I'm retired LOL

We are considering it as part of a family trip out west...do you think the park rangers at yellowstone would consider my bbq trailer bear friendly:crazy:

We are considering it as part of a family trip out west...do you think the park rangers at yellowstone would consider my bbq trailer bear friendly:crazy:

I went to Bear World once with my Jedmaster in tow and they made me unhook and leave it in the parking lot. They figured the bears would be all over it.

Many cookoffs are essentially during the week anyway. We drive and arrive on Thursday. Work all day on Friday then half a day on Saturday. Saturday from 5:00 on we're out of there so it's kind of hard to consider that a weekend.

We'd do one, but Montana is a bit far.

For those of us tied to restaurant/catering operations, weekends are the hardest time to schedule, so a mid-week option would be refreshing.

Oh I'm sure you could fit one in there. Mmmm, smoked Bear sausage.

We will be there 8/15 & 8/16! Going to do the comp in Worland on 8/17 and 8/18. It's only 160 miles from Billings to Worland.

Bear World in Idaho made me un-hook my pit before going in. Joe, You might be okay with your trailer being all enclosed. Although you might catch a rider on that porch of yours. LOL!!!

I could see it during a Holiday week like Independence Day, but Wednesday/Thursday August 15/16?

Like Scottie said he's never been to Montana....
It is beautiful country and if a family vacation is on the dock then why not?

I'm more focused on PNWBA events over KCBS, so this was just a blip on my Calendar radar. Being the heathens we are in the Northwest, most of our events are Saturday/Sunday.

Just asking if is something we might see more of from KCBS? There is one and possibly two Montana events being sanctioned by PNWBA so Montana won't be the slamdunk it has been in the past.

just sayin'

Last edited:
Being a Montana native, I'm really really considering being a part of this one. Heck...my dad is even flying down here to KC in a couple of weeks to take Bunny's CBJ class so he can judge it. If finances are looking good, I just might have to do it.

Back