WSM rebirth!! and other BS

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well my WSM had become rather run down over the last couple of years of constant use. I had dented the top when i was pressure washing it one time last year fell off the back of the pickup. The dampers were plumb wore out and bent all to hell. It was filthy from the lack of rain and all the dust we have had this year. So i decided I would call weber and see about buying some replacement parts. After explaining what all I needed to the kind young gal on the phone, she stated that it was under warranty and that I should be receiving a new lid and new dampers free of charge. WOW!! So after a an hour or so of scrubbing my arse off I finally got it cleaned up. The oven cleaner method doesnt work so well. Drilled out the old rivets and installed my dampers and the new lid. looks damn near new. Also cleaned up the kettle as well. here are a few pics.

P2260083.jpg

P2260085.jpg

P2260086.jpg

The kettle and side table.
P2260087.jpg

cleaned kettle
P3010104.jpg

repaired WSM
P2260082.jpg

damn sprinklers ruined my spot free shine!
P3020110.jpg

new lid
P2260084.jpg

Nice job.

Too bad the new vents don't have "DR" stamped on them. Future BBQ historians will never know it was built in 2006.

Now, get it dirty. :biggrin:

i guess now if i ever need more replacements it will be updated to a different year lol. what else do i need to replace on it lol.

are those covered. I looked at getting new ones at HD but i dont think the regular 18.5 kettle grates would work would they? I just burned these off in the gas grill bout the only thing it it good for any more.

are those covered. I looked at getting new ones at HD but i dont think the regular 18.5 kettle grates would work would they? I just burned these off in the gas grill bout the only thing it it good for any more.

The regular 18 1/2" grate works for the top cooking grate. The bottom cooking grate is a special size and can only be ordered through Weber...ask me how I know that.

looks great...brings a tear of joy to my eye seeing em all purdy again.:mrgreen: I recently had yet another great customer service exp. w/ WEBER. Cheers to Weber.

Thanks for the heads up swamp. may get new grates all around and maybe a new charcoal ring.

Back