If you had to choose just 1.....

For whatever reason you can only have 1 smoker.....

• Offset Cooker(stick burner)

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • Round Cooker(wsm, uds, pbc)

Votes: 73 72.3%
  • I cook everything in the crockpot....

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
From the list my choice is barrel type, because of its ease of use, cranks out good food, doesn't really care what the is doing.

But if I could only have one cooker it would be a 22.5 weber kettle for all the obvious reasons. I'm not sure that there's anything that can't be done on one?

This is for smoker, still have your bbq! The offsets are getting their ars kicked!

It doesn't have to be 1 smoker ... i almost get tired of hearing which (one) How about which two or which 3?

The 3 smokers i use the most cost me about $500 total...if they were commercial made they wouldn't be as good, versatile and cost a ton more. You can do more and better with 2 smaller ones then with 1 big one.

I would say an offset, they are more my comfort zone. I would definitely like a well built one cause these days I'm more of a lover not a fighter

I agree with Keith. I love my UDS but my MES is my go to guy for set it and forget it.

I voted for UDS thou.

A trench with wood burned down to coals and a length of chain link fence over the top

I like my vertical . It's not the cooker it's the cook ,rubs and stuff

wsm, its the best money can buy:-D

UDS for me I love it. Once I learn the controling the temp and not fighting it, letting it do its thing.

Your proposition is you can only have one "smoker" so I vote for a high quality offset, preferably a reverse flow. Then, I would get a 26.75 OGT and jusify it (if necessary) under the logic that you gotta have a grill too:becky:

None of the above.

If I could only own one cooker, it would be a Weber 22.5 OTG. Why? Versatility. I can cook soooo many different foods on one. Direct. Indirect. Low and Slow. Hot and fast. Rotisserie.

It is the Swiss Army Knife of charcoal/wood cookers, IMO.

CD
I assumed that the kettle would be covered with the round cookers. I also assumed the OP was specifically addressing smokers and that we would be allowed additional cookers, so I voted for the WSM. Had he stated one cooker period, it would have to be a kettle for the reasons you describe. But it would be a 26. :biggrin1: Or a Ranch. :becky:

I assumed that the kettle would be covered with the round cookers. I also assumed the OP was specifically addressing smokers and that we would be allowed additional cookers, so I voted for the WSM. Had he stated one cooker period, it would have to be a kettle for the reasons you describe. But it would be a 26. :biggrin1: Or a Ranch. :becky:
Looked like he was steping up from a crockpot to me.

I am a simple man. 22 1/2 inch Weber kettle, bag o' Kingsford Blue, some cured apple wood, and whatever meat is on sale. Put on some Neil Young and pass me a Grain Belt Premium beer and I will have a big smile on my face.

Back