• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Where to buy

Cack

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Sausage casings?

I have a sausage adapter for a Kitchen Aid, but don't know where to by the casings to make my own sasuage.

Go to your local butcher shop. Bet they gottem and bet they'd sell ya some.

We don't have a real butcher shop. Ours are basically steak shops with already browning ribs.

Sausage casings?

I have a sausage adapter for a Kitchen Aid, but don't know where to by the casings to make my own sasuage.

Great people and products, fast shipping although more local for me.
http://www.psseasoning.com/

You may want to have an extra hand ready the first time or two you stuff with your Kit Aid. It is kind of tricky since it is so far from the counter and the feed hole is pretty small requiring multiple fillings per link.:mrgreen:

The Sausage Maker. You can buy everything from them. I use them a lot.

http://www.sausagemaker.com/

^^^^ +1 good company too.:thumb:

Cack, being an hour and change up 26 from you, I have never been able to find casing anywhere near locally. You just have to order them unless you want to drive to Charlotte or Atlanta. As you said, we just don't have butcher shops much in the southeast like they do up north-we have lots and lots of of deer processors, though. :biggrin1:

I hear that there's a Cabela's coming to Greenville in the near future, though-I can't wait!

Well, the wifey reminded me, that we don't have the sausage maker attachment for the Kitchen Aid. We have the meat grinder attachment.

If there's one thing wives are good for ... it's shooting down your dreams

Cack, being an hour and change up 26 from you, I have never been able to find casing anywhere near locally. You just have to order them unless you want to drive to Charlotte or Atlanta. As you said, we just don't have butcher shops much in the southeast like they do up north-we have lots and lots of of deer processors, though. :biggrin1:

I hear that there's a Cabela's coming to Greenville in the near future, though-I can't wait!

Yep, I'm not a big outdoorsmen in the sense of hunting and camping and things like that, but I look forward to their outdoor cooking department for sure.

Yeah, I was drooling over the Blackstone propane flat-top griddle in their catalog the other day. If I had one of those on the porch, I wouldn't even need a kitchen any more. :biggrin1:

You're in luck Cack! You can get both the stuffer and some casings from Amazon, shipped right to your door.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_19?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=sausage+stuffer+kitchenaid&sprefix=sausage+stuffer+kit%2Cappliances%2C179&rh=n%3A1055398%2Ck%3Asausage+stuffer+kitchenaid[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Eastman-Outdoors-38672-Natural-25-Pounds/dp/B0030HSFW0/ref=pd_sim_hg_1"]Amazon.com: Eastman Outdoors 38672 Natural Hog Casings, for 25-Pounds of Sausage: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I order from sausage maker, but beware, they send you a monthly catalog that can be quite addictive. As for the stuffer, the kitchen aid one is in-expensive, but also kind of a POS. If you think you will make sausage often, go ahead and get a decent stuffer instead of that one. You eventually will anyway.

Well, the wifey reminded me, that we don't have the sausage maker attachment for the Kitchen Aid. We have the meat grinder attachment.

IMO, the kitchenaid stuffer attachment is just about the worst thing I have ever spent $10 on. I wish there was a way to say it that didn't sound so bad. I didn't enjoy using it.

I used to buy from sausage maker and lem. I now buy from www.butcher-packer.com . They sell in bulk or individually. You can mix and match and prices are way better IMO.

That just means you can make chili! (or breakfast sausage, or hamburgers, or....)

Butcher & Packer on line seems to have good prices on casings! I'm planning on doing some sausage myself and was planning on getting my casings from there.

Yeah, I was drooling over the Blackstone propane flat-top griddle in their catalog the other day. If I had one of those on the porch, I wouldn't even need a kitchen any more. :biggrin1:

I camped across from a family with one last month. It was nice.
Last week Academy Sports had the 3 burner Tahoe on sale. About $100 cheaper and it was 4 miles from my house. I wasn't going to buy it, because it's made in China, but I looked at it and it's as well made as the Blackstone.
The Tahoe doesn't have wheels... I bought it for my patio, and to take camping.
Works like a champ.
Now I need to sell off some old stuff I haven't used in a couple of yrs. for more patio room... Story of my life.

BTW: I buy casings at Academy too.

Last edited:
Back