The Big Reveal

morgaj1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I posted last week about ordering a butcherblock from theboardsmith.com. Well it came in today and I must say I am impressed. I ordered the mahogany board and couldn't be happier. These pictures are terrible and there is a funny glare on them. But, it's the best I got:

You will be passing that bad boy down one day!!! Absolutely beautiful:thumb:

Last edited:
Lovely piece of wood there! I would use it as an excuse for buying a nice new chef knife with a matching handle. :)

This reminds me of the solid wood (dang heavy) butcher block my mom had in the middle of her kitchen. It basically functioned as her island.

Nice looking block of wood you have there!

Very nice! I am surprised that don't cut a juice channel around the perimeter.

Love it. How do you treat it?

The Boadsmith treats it with mineral oil and beeswax before he ships it. His recommendation is to use food or pharmaceutical grade mineral oil when it start to dry.

That's a nice piece of work. I think I'd be afraid to use such a beautiful item.

With it being end-grain, it will stand up to a lot of abuse. Also, if it ever gets to looking rough, you can send it back to him and he will sand and refinish it.

I also bought a maple butcher block from the Boardsmith as a Mother's Day present for my mom:

I think it turned out well too.

Back