Going with the (lack of) flow...

P

pike51

Over the past year or so, I've learned alot from this site and the members here. You guys really are a wealth of information and I appreciate all the info you include in your threads. With that said, one of the hardest lessons I've learned is that no cook ever goes as planned and adaptation is key to producing good outcomes. Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow. As an example, my Chargriller Duo is a great setup. I really like having multiple cooking options in one unit. However, it's well known to not be the most consistant option for smoking when using the side fire box. I've made multiple mods and improved my techniques over the past year but sometimes, she just doesn't behave like I want. On occasion, I'm able to get a temp somewhere in the 225 - 250 range. I've only ever had it up over that once. However, most often, I'm stuck below 225, closer to 200. Now, what I've learned is to just let it go. Give it a little more time and then adapt my finish. My results have been as good or better than expected overall. It's not always going to go by the book... sometimes, you just gotta go with the (lack of) flow. The results will speak for themselves.

Thanks Brethren! Here's to the next year and many more to follow!

Congrats on getting to the point where you can finally let go of all of those urges and tendencies to "be anal" about everything.:heh: I used to be the same way years ago. I had probes in everything, tracking each and every detail beyond belief, adjusting things constantly trying to keep things as they "needed" to be.:tsk:

Mastering this whole BBQ thing isn't about one exact formula each and every time with no variation. Once you can figure out how to cook on damn near anything under damn near any circumstances, then you have "mastered" it.

You are there now.:thumb:

That is one lesson I see that needs to be learned by many "Cook where the pit wants to Run"
On a side note About the CG I have no problem maintaining 300, my advice Loose the charcoal basket and burn sticks. if the basket is too big your restricting the air flow and that kill s the temps. Small clean fire mo betta

That is one lesson I see that needs to be learned by many "Cook where the pit wants to Run"
On a side note About the CG I have no problem maintaining 300, my advice Loose the charcoal basket and burn sticks. if the basket is too big your restricting the air flow and that kill s the temps. Small clean fire mo betta

I would like to see some pics of how you set up your fire in the char-griller if you have any.:icon_bigsmil

Back