View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #16
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokp View Post
Ok, now I am hanging for some Indian food. Looks great! Always love seeing what you make!
I lived in Chicago for several years (moved in 2006) and miss the Indian restos. Houston has mediocre Indian/Pakistani restos. You, sir, have the luxury of having awesome Indian and Pakistani food close by. Aside from places on Devon and some in the Western 'burbs, for an adventure try these 2 in the city:

Baba's Palace @ 334 West Chicago

Pakizah @ 1011 North Orleans

Both are somewhat divey, but Baba's is the more "upscale" of the 2 in relative terms. Both are open 24/7 and cater mainly to cab drivers. The food at both is kinda greasy spoon type fare, but oh so good! If you're taking the wife and kids then Baba's is the better choice and I would go during the daytime.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->