• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Idaho State Champ

J

jminion

I have been in Boise since Wed, just got back into town. I gave a KCBS judging class and competed in the competition. I took Res Grand, missed Grand by 1.8 points. The team that took Grand is a good friend and a great cook.

It is a great spot for a competition with the Red Cross as the charity.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

CONGRATZ Jim... I use your method regularly with my WSM... and with my kettle...

Way To Go Brother!! Please post pictures of your presentations if you have them for comparison and for future reference!
BTW: I am extremely happy you are amongst the "brothers".

Congrats Obi-Wan!!!!

Now tell the truth though... does missing grand by 1.8 points make ya goofy???? (it would me.. and no comments please)

... i'd be wandering around talkin to myself.....up all night going... maybe just a LEEETLE more Cayenne... A touch more sauce.... If I only boiled them ribs first... :? :shock:

:)

Congrats again!!!

BBQchef33 said:
Congrats Obi-Wan!!!!
If I only boiled them ribs first... :? :shock: :)
Congrats again!!!
Phil--
You are letting out our secrets again--shame on you :lol:
Jim--
May I one day walk in your shoes?-
Well done Brother!!!
TIM

Jim, Well Done!! Nice addition to your already impressive credentials.

Phil the answer is yes, I must be, I gave the Res Grand check back to Red Cross (great people to work with).
Feel good about being able to pull off what I did. I can't just cook anymore, TV and newspaper interviews before and during the competition, Tana Shupe (the lady that runs the Jack Daniels) was there, lots going on.
I would like to fly the Brethren colors can we work some thing out?

jminion said:
Phil the answer is yes, I must be, I gave the Res Grand check back to Red Cross (great people to work with).
Feel good about being able to pull off what I did. I can't just cook anymore, TV and newspaper interviews before and during the competition, Tana Shupe (the lady that runs the Jack Daniels) was there, lots going on.
I would like to fly the Brethren colors can we work some thing out?

Dont toy with me Willis......

gee Jim.. let me think about it.....

done..

Someone send this man a hat, apron and FLAG!!!!

:mrgreen:

Sounds like you had a fruitful weekend -- teach a bunch of folks how to judge and then lay it on the line by competing -- I aprreciate the way you "walk the talk" :D

Mike
Doc's Pit from Wa took Grand, he won in Oregon this year also.
David
Teaching has put the presure on, I can't afford a bad day out there.

Teaching has put the presure on, I can't afford a bad day out there

I understand! That's why I appreciate your efforts so much.

Back