Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mass Produced Charcoal grill

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Old school horizontal drum

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters
I used a wsm and a uds side by side during last weeks rib cook. I had to make temp adjustments to my wsm several more times than the uds.

UDS stand for U Deserve Sleep

My smoker on my rig gets the most use. Rarely Q for myself, unless its winter then i use the Charbroil offset.

I use the WSMs most of the time, but I still like to play with the BSKD on occasion. When the UDS gets done and/or I finish modding the CharGriller things may change, who knows?

It depends on the quantity and location....

If I'm at home and it's just me and my daughter it's the BGE, larger quantity it's the Lang.... Up at the cottage it's the 'Cottage Cooker' (UDS)

Grill on the gasser, BBQ on the UDS, WSM does not get fired up very often since the barrel was built.

Had to choose other...

2 trailered offsets
1 WSM
2 UDS
3 Weber Kettles
and a bunch of other stuff :mrgreen:

I have gotten so farkin spoiled with my BGEs that I am getting rid of everything else and getting a small BGE to add to the clutch.
I will add a Traeger pellet smoker for production but the everyday is done on the BGE almost every day, at least 20 days a month.
URP!!!:p

2 CharGrill offsets, 1 New Braunfels offset, and a weber kettle round out my arsenal. I think I'm making a UDS this weekend though.

I've gotten bit by outdoor cooking so bad, and been able to build or cheaply acquire so many pits that it's obscene. I would have to say that I really enjoy the smell and taste of meats cooked on my UDS's, they are just so easy to use. But I'm also proud of the Kamados I've refurbished, but they are primarily for grilling and like the BGE are very fuel efficient. The WSM's don't get used as often as they should and that's a shame. The Performer is used mostly for rotisserie grilling. My wife would kill me if she didn't have a gasser to fire up, so the Genesis gets a workout. The Cookshack comes in handy when I can't tend a pit, and the La Caja China is something I could live without. I'm spoiled.

Went with other for the Stumps...........it is cabinet style, but I don't think of it as the same as the spice & backwoods

What's below my signature, with the Old Country being my main rig.

Mostly use the large Spicewine, and my Backwoods Party.
I feel bad for my WSM, ECB and OK Joe's :cry:

I voted other as I use my Weber for grilling and my UDS for smoking. The weber gets used more than the UDS during the week. The drum more on the weekend:icon_bigsmil

Custom Spicewine vertical cooker. Larger than a Spicewine Medium but smaller than a Spicewine Large.

IMG_4482.jpg

This is my double barrel smoker. It was inspired by Country HB. I am itching to make a UDS now also, but my wife is none too thrilled about that idea. It will have to be made on the "down low". LMAO. My name is Victor and I am addicted to smoking meats and building smokers.

You need to add UDG.
I know there are two of us out there.
Great grill BTW.

Since you asked . . . . .
The side table is the top from a wine barrel, nice red wine stain to it.
The charcoal grate sits 6" below the cooking grate just like most grills.
The charcoal basket uses the same grate as a 22.5 Weber, just like the UDSs but I made it short because I do not need that much charcoal to grill.
The ash tray is removable with an ash bucket that slides in. I use a 100 lb marine magnet (I think it is that strong) to get the ash tray out. The lid is the top 6" of a closed head donor drum welded to the lid of a drum with the entire center cut out. So it has a built in 2" threaded exhaust hole.
It has 4 intakes, 3/4" closed nipples that I ran inside only the thickness of the conduit nuts so the ash tray could be as large as possible.
Shuts down pretty quick with the orange can over the exhaust and the intakes closed.

So I got twins that do both jobs for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back