Announcing a Pretty Good BBQ 2011, Dayton, Ohio - May 14-15, 2011

Dan pray for the donut placer for this year he may get his..........Bull and I were the only ones I think stayed awake last year...............no one has locking doors......

It is with a sad heart that I have to say that it doesn't look good for me making this event. Let's just say that with all that is going on around here (my company was bought for the second time in less than two years), a 14 year old truck that has just shy of 190,000 miles on it, and a daughter that is graduating this year, I just don't think we can pull it off.

My prayers go out to all of you.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

It is with a sad heart that I have to say that it doesn't look good for me making this event. Let's just say that with all that is going on around here (my company was bought for the second time in less than two years), a 14 year old truck that has just shy of 190,000 miles on it, and a daughter that is graduating this year, I just don't think we can pull it off.

Guess the pressure is on me now to keep the out of state streak alive!

Guess the pressure is on me now to keep the out of state streak alive!

Yeah....on YOU!
No, I'll be there and am from IN. I think Dan's coming as well, from IL.
We got your back man! 'Course I'm a rook this year.

Jeff YOU WILL BE MISSED

If money is an issue, let me know. I have ways of seeing that money doesn't get in the way, I think.

i wish this was any other weekend guys.
i take my grandma fishing that week.
my birthday is the 15th and I go fishing that week.
sucks! maybe next year. have a great time!

If money is an issue, let me know. I have ways of seeing that money doesn't get in the way, I think.

It' not a money thing, it's that every thing is happening in one month. If I could buy time I would but it doesn't work that way.

I found out yesterday that I should be able to attend to assist.
I will bring down my team mate Mark also.

When are the shirt orders due Curt?

Thats good news Bull.........Hope he likes deer chili and ribs at 1am.

I found out yesterday that I should be able to attend to assist.
I will bring down my team mate Mark also.

When are the shirt orders due Curt?

Wait......there'll be EATING at this thing?:doh:

CANCELED: PGBBQ Dayton 2011

Guys...

Unfortunately, I met with the pastors doing this, and it has been decided that this year's Pretty Good BBQ in Dayton is cancelled.

I am willing to find a spot for a bash if you all still want to come to Ohio, or...

I had an idea for each of us to find an outreach organization, homeless shelter, etc. and ask them if they could use some free bbq. Then get a few Boston butts and smoke them on May 14, smoke them, and give that along with sauce and buns to the organization each of us talked to.

Any other ideas?

Bummer. Sorry to hear that Curt. I'll be watching this thread closely for the new plans.

Well that is a real bummer I was looking forward to meeting some Brethren and making some great Q for a great purpose.

Bummer even though I wasn't going to make it this year, I know how the community lookd forward to it.

Well, I am officially bummin'.

I know the people of Dayton were greatly blessed by this event, but I was blessed even more than them!

To all of the guys that were planning on attending, I am disappointed that I will not see and/or meet you guys this year.

Curt, if there is anything we can do to help make this happen, let us know!

You and me both Clark!
Just caught up with this. Sucks eggs for sure.

Curt.....what's the bottom line? Is there a dollar figure that it would take to make this happen? I'm not saying it could be raised, but.......what's it gonna take?

It's a mix of support, money, etc... The church is just going through a rough year in general, and people aren't necessarily being as generous as they might normally be. There's more to do than just the cooking, and we had trouble the last 2 years getting people to stay to the end to do the cleanup, etc., after the cooks were gone and the mess was all that was left.

I'm just not getting the support, money or otherwise, that we need to do this. We'll try again next year.

Back