• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Aaron Franklin Brand Smokers

'The pits will be about six feet long and fit three briskets.' Seriously that doesn't sound right. Even the 18x36 smoke chamber of the Bayou classic would probably fit 4....

'And the price will be competitive...about the cost of 2 XL BGE...'

I don't think the Shirley boys have anything to worry about.

'The pits will be about six feet long and fit three briskets.' Seriously that doesn't sound right. Even the 18x36 smoke chamber of the Bayou classic would probably fit 4....

I don't think he is considering a second rack with that estimate. I dont think he does a second rack in any of his restaurant offsets. Also does the six feet include the firebox?

~$2500 to fit 3 briskets on one rack is not horrible if its well made/engineered.

I bet he is being conservative with the estimate of three briskets. It's probably so they have plenty of room to breath in a 4 ft long chamber. My Peoria has a 4 ft long chamber, and I can fit 4 decent size briskets in it, but I modified it for top heat (jambo-like style). Before modding I would have been hesitant to put 4 because the hot spots would have required rotating a lot.

Maybe 3 in the bayou if not much bigger than 15ish. Would be snug. But ya at 6ft you could get a lot more

I saw this today as well. Will be interesting to see what they look like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And when a brisket doesn't turn out like Franklins brisket it will be all Franklins fault. :rolleyes:

I wonder if they come with a free roll of that crazy expensive peach butcher paper they sell :p.

And it better be the right color.
I just hope the quality of the cooker is on the same level as you would expect with his name on it.

And it better be the right color.
I just hope the quality of the cooker is on the same level as you would expect with his name on it.

I think it would be. He definitely puts a lot of thought into his product. Very interested to see how they turn out. He's gotta know if it isn't up to snuff he'll catch flak.

Big question is what spin will his offset have that makes it special.

Sad at all the negative responses in that comment section. Instead of going to sites where the people agree with their views, they hang out to talk bad about what he does, how his food is over hyped, or cookers that he hasn't even sold yet? Some folk are not happy unless they are being hateful- which makes no sense to me.

Twain was right "The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog"

Sad at all the negative responses in that comment section. Instead of going to sites where the people agree with their views, they hang out to talk bad about what he does, how his food is over hyped, or cookers that he hasn't even sold yet? Some folk are not happy unless they are being hateful- which makes no sense to me.

Twain was right "The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog"

The world is full of haters and the internet makes them all feel important. Meanwhile he's chasing his passion and laughing all the way to the bank while the haters work 8:00 to 5:00 for the man.

Twain was right...

I wouldn't consider myself a "hater" by any means. I'm in fact the opposite. I'm quite the fanboy of Aaron Franklin. I've got his manifesto book, read it cover to cover multiple times, I've waited in line for hours three times while in Austin, and have watched all his YouTube videos a few times.

I think he's everything that's right with BBQ and has a helluva story to go along with it... starting in a backyard, moving up to roadside vending and taking off from there.

I don't like this venture because I feel like it cheapens his brand. I don't particularly care for Myron Mixon because he'll put his name on anything if it'll earn him a nickel. I'm not specifically comparing the two, but when I read the thread title I groaned. I suspect that the smokers will be of the utmost quality, but I won't be buying one and I wish, for legacy's sake, he'd just stick with making bbq. I hope it stops here and we're not soon dealing with AF BBQ aprons and utensils, rubs, cutting boards, etc.

I'd say let Aaron Franklin sink or swim on his own. 5 years ago people didn't know the name Shirley and I'll tell you my life is better now that I own one.

5 years ago, Lang, Gator, Klose, and Jambo were the names to beat. Hard to believe Shirley and Yoder were just getting started . If Franklin pulls this one off with a killer cooker then I may be one of the first to plunk down some lucre. I'm going for the best cooker and, you never know, this could be it!

i don't know the man personally so my following statements are made purely on conjecture based on what i've seen on youtube and the "pitmasteresque" shows. i don't believe he'd let his name get used to sell a subpar product. he seems too focused on "getting it right" for that. so, unless i'm wrong..i'd venture to say that his smokers will be of a quality and price point that is in line with the semi custom shops(ones that have a line they can repeat, but can also do special builds) that are becoming the "go to" pits to have.

Back