Rub recommendations

KC Transplant

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My dad is looking to add some rubs to his grill and smoker cover business and asked me for recommendations. I gave him a few, but knew this would be a great resource to see what a lot of people like. If you could let me know some of your favorites and maybe what you use them on it would be greatly appreciated. I told him to get on this site and start using it so he can start advertising and ask a lot of questions, but I don't think he has yet. Thanks in advance.

The Simply Marvelous line of rubs, The Oak Ridge line, and Plowboy's line are some of my favorites. There are so many great commercial rubs available nowadays that I hardly make my own homemade rubs anymore.

The rub company.#1
Oakland
Hint of Houston - forgot the maker
BigButz
Plowboys
3eyez

Todds Dirt and Plowboys are the only commercial rubs I have ever purchased I usually make mine. Both are excellent rubs

Everything by Kosmos Q is awesome and Darian gets stuff out to you supa fast

Kosmos on beef, Blues Hog on ribs, Cowtown all purpose on butts, chicken, and turkey

The Simply Marvelous line of rubs, The Oak Ridge line, and Plowboy's line are some of my favorites. There are so many great commercial rubs available nowadays that I hardly make my own homemade rubs anymore.

I'll second this one.

My dad is looking to add some rubs to his grill and smoker cover business and asked me for recommendations. I gave him a few, but knew this would be a great resource to see what a lot of people like. If you could let me know some of your favorites and maybe what you use them on it would be greatly appreciated. I told him to get on this site and start using it so he can start advertising and ask a lot of questions, but I don't think he has yet. Thanks in advance.

We'd love to have your father join the site, but please ask him to review our rules on advertising.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14685

We do offer vendor subscriptions that will give him his own section of the forum to use to post specials, reviews, etc.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/payments.php

Smoking Guns Hot and Smoking Guns Sweet Heat...along with the others that have been mentioned.

Looks like I'm a 3rd on this... Super choices above.

I would say Simply Marvelous, Plowboys, and Oakridge! Each have some awesome flavors.

3 eyez for ribs and pork. Trying it with chicken this off season as well. Not sure about the Briskee. But it is my favorite for everything pork related.

Back