is it just me or does the state never talk to anyone. just venting.

T

Tweedle

I have been trying for the last month to get ahold of some one, any one , in the HD in New Hampshire. No luck, phone calls messages emails , heck i have even written a letter.. on paper... in the mail.... nothing.

Just trying to find out what the requirements are for on site cartering... I'm not sure anyone knows what the rules and regs are. ( I bet they would find out in a hurry if I just started cooking!)

I know I have posted in here before but does anyone know who I might be looking to contact in NH or possably what I should be looking for for answers?

Thanks a bunch.

Go to your local HD in person and have your questions with you.
If your only doing onsite for private parties, I wouldn't worry much about it.

YMMV:)

Go to your local HD in person and have your questions with you.
If your only doing onsite for private parties, I wouldn't worry much about it.

YMMV:)
I would add to just use common sense. Use what you've learned here to pull off a safe and succesful cook. Good Luck!!

Pennsylvania is just as bad, at least in my experience...

finally what do you think about leftovers?

Finally I got a reply, from the state. I was told that there is no need for any licence if you are acting as a personal chef and if all food is preped and cooked on site, and no food leaves the place it was cooked. So all leftovers need to stay.

If anything is prepped ahead of time it needs to be done in a comercial kitchen (that I figured). and you need a licence, then you can take leftovers with you.

That said I remember a post on here before about leaving leftovers and it not beeing a good idea... any take on this? Should we have something in the contract about leftovers and propper storage storage?

Everything that we cook (we are very small for now) can be prepped and cooked on site so thats not a problem. I am in the procces of finding a kitchen to rent if the need arises.

Finally I got a reply, from the state. I was told that there is no need for any licence if you are acting as a personal chef and if all food is preped and cooked on site, and no food leaves the place it was cooked. So all leftovers need to stay.

If anything is prepped ahead of time it needs to be done in a comercial kitchen (that I figured). and you need a licence, then you can take leftovers with you.

That said I remember a post on here before about leaving leftovers and it not beeing a good idea... any take on this? Should we have something in the contract about leftovers and propper storage storage?

Everything that we cook (we are very small for now) can be prepped and cooked on site so thats not a problem. I am in the procces of finding a kitchen to rent if the need arises.

because someone else can let the leftovers go bad & then it's back on you if someone gets sick.

Back