Quiz

S

smolderingbbq

Quick! without thinking...What would you charge for a 100 person wedding? Menu: pulled pork, spare ribs, pulled chicken, pot salad, beans, slaw, garden salad, stew, fresh fruit. Including buns, some rice as substitute, tea and lemonade, 4 sauces, plastic wear, disposable pans...
will be serving with two employees for 2 hours.
Per person rate=:confused:

Food cost * 5 with room to negotiate down to food cost * 4.5 or 4.0 with 1 tasting. More for additional tastings. Explicitly exclude the wedding cake in the contract. Clarify what exactly you are supposed to furnish (i.e. chafing dishes, buffet vs. seated service, linens, plates, glasses, etc)

No, he's saying 4 to 4.5 times food cost would be your final target price after negotiation. Per person cost would be that number/number people= per person.

I moving down there..$$4,000 dollars on a saturday for a 100...nice..

Wait a minute now it said quick without thinking and that is what I did LOL If I am quoting quick I'm dang sure gonna cover myself.:wink:

But lets break it down

Pulled Pork
Potato Salad
Slaw
$9.95pp
Add Ribs $5pp
Add Chicken $2pp
Add Beans, Salad and Stew + add $4-$5pp (depending on stew cost)
Add Rice $.50pp
Add Fresh Fruit $1.75pp

The additional serving time and requests like 4 sauces, etc I'd add $1pp

That would put me around $25pp Now I did not cost this out because some of those items I do not do but $25 would be close.

Without thinking, I had $30 per person, for buffet service.

cost and tough to manage , but if custoemr requests ....and up here we go 18 to 20 PLUS the helpers which bumps up to 24, but list it seperate

$20-25 per person, no cake, you provide DECENT plastic ware, GOOD plates, sauces, napkins, etc.

I just did a similar gig for an 40th anniversary party. Knew the family so I planned on eating some of the cost. I also threw in sausage & peppers and mac-n-cheese instead of stew. Food/supply costs ran just under $600 and I charged $20 a head. I cooked, had 1 person prep, 2 monitor the buffet line. When line slowed down 1 of my staff would walk around and tidy up tables, throw stuff out. Bill was $2k, at the end of the night they paid us $2500 for the great food and professional service. Just remember food is only part of the experience that you provide.

Back