Business Name?

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I need to come up with a business name before I can start the license process. I am having a hard time thinking of what I want to use.

For my photography business I used my name Kyser Photography but years later when the internet took off I realized having a name that is hard to spell was not the best choice. Luckily by now everyone knows us so its not such a big deal.

The BBQ business will be started in the internet era, so want it to be easy to spell and remember.

Luckily living up here in northern PA there are no BBQ places around so no chance of taking another companys name.

Any advice on picking a name, some of you may have learned after the fact some things to consider and pass them on to me.

One thing I wonder is to use BBQ or Barbecue in the name?

You can keep Kyser Photography as your legal business name. That way you don't need multiple tax numbers, etc.

You'll choose a Doing Business As (DBA) name for the BBQ "division". Here in Florida it's pretty easy and can be done on-line.

Oh, yeah, definately use BBQ or Barbecue in the name. Search engines are funny that way!!

Good luck.

I was in your shoes last year and found that picking a name turned out to be harder than we thought too. Most were suggestions from close friends and family and all included barbecue. I also tried to incorporate some of my hobbies but in the end we didnt like any of them. We had 100+ but once we narrowed them down to a few (a month or so later) I let my 6 yr old daughter pick it. She picked Golden West BBQ which had a nice professional ring to us especially based on where we live.

Anyway since you are a photographer I'd start there as a base and maybe something regional. One other thing we did once we got close was to create a simple logo on a word doc to see what it looked like. It helped us a lot visualizing it that way.

Just keep tossing around names that make sense to you in your head and then say them out loud; it will come to you.

Thanks guys, its funny how many suggestions just don't do it for you. I do not want it to be too complicated or to many words.

I also do not want to use my name, been there done it.

I will keep playing with ideas.

I thought incorporating that we are Yankees up this way but family does not seem so hot on the idea.

What stands out in your Q? i.e. Is it Simply Marvelous :icon_blush::becky:

i.e. California Coastal BBQ; Blue Smoke Yankees BBQ; Quaker BBQ; Amish Country BBQ, etc.

I think Pa BBQ has all the necessary ingredients IMO.... would catch my eye!! Smoke on Brother!!

Pa BBQ is good, and I know that it stands for Penn..., but a catchier title would be "Pa's BBQ" as in Ma & Pa (like Ma & Pa Kettle).

Just saying...

I've always wanted to market my rubs. The name I copy wrote is BBQ Bill's great tastin grub rub.
You could use "Rubbed grub BBQ":thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought "Flatulent Flatlanders BBQ" had a nice ring to it.

I suggest you look at names that will lend themselves to a great logo.

Back