New Cooker Results

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The chuckie finished way ahead of the butt and we snacked on this all morning long and it was some more good with the fab product inside and greek seasoning rubbed on the outside and I used some grape vine for smoke just for grins and giggles and cause I was tired of looking at it for so long and not know what it was like and all. For my part I guess my taste buds aren’t sharp enough to tell much difference between smoking woods and that might also be cause I don’t go in for a whole lot of smoke anyway – generally just add it for the first couple hours.

IMG_4007.jpg

Without a doubt the shredded jerky ABT’s are the best I ever had but these were royally screwed up with some of the sorriest bacon I ever saw. I usually get cheap bacon cause I like it thin on there anyway and never had a problem but this Armour brand was pure fat and in shreds and that resulted in the abt’s not being covered when finished. I added dried apples to the filling this time and tried to make it half cream cheese and half jerky / apple mix (2/3 to 1/3). Because it was half cheese and half the other it wouldn’t go through the pipe.

IMG_4010.jpg

Used a Paul Kirk recipe for the glaze and only had the butt in the pan the last couple hours while glazing it.

IMG_4011.jpg

The abt’s were not what they should have been but the wangs were great and I got me a new hot sauce and butter mixture I like better than the Texas Pete I been using. It’s that Chinese stuff called sriracha.

IMG_4012.jpg

Da Plate

IMG_4014a.jpg

Bottom line on the TG is that I thought it cooked great with even temps in cooking chamber. Next cook will be with lump in aluminum pans and after that I will see how the cooker does with sand in the water pan as I didn't like all the mess with water and the condensation dropping off the cooker and all.

Last edited:
WOW Do those wings look good!! I love sriracha. Nice chuckie also.
Michael

Man does that all look good. I love sirracha sauce, have been using it for years but not on BBQ. Try some in your soups it is fantastic. Nice job on all of it GD:icon_bigsmil

I, too, use sirracha, and like it a lot! Great looking wings. Chuckie also looked good.

Back