New BWS Party has arrived

jrb03

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Picked up my new Party at the local freight warehouse last night, and got it de-crated this morning. What a thing of beauty! I can only hope it cooks as good as it looks. My wife seemed just as excited as I did. I hope to get it fired up soon for a good seasoning or two. Looking at the firebox, I have no idea how I'm going to hook my stoker up. Rock doesnt seem interested in making/selling me an adapter. I don't plan on using the stoker for a while anyways, I want to learn how this think works real good first.

I would like to thank smokeinit, the BWS dealer from NY. He got this to me less than a week after I ordered, and was very patient and helpful the few weeks before my order while I was deciding.

SANY0300.jpg

SANY0301.jpg

SANY0302.jpg

SANY0303.jpg

Last edited:
I remember when mine looked like that ***sniff***sniff***

Enjoy it is a great cooker, you are going to love it!

Oh yeah, you're gonna like it! Just look out for some of the metal edges - some of'em are SHARP! Believe me, it cooks as good as it looks!

A thing of beauty right there, I tell you what! When's your next day off to get 'er fired up?

A thing of beauty right there, I tell you what! When's your next day off to get 'er fired up?

Well I work Mon-Fri, but working IT support from a home office has its perks :)

I will get it seasoned very soon. I'm planing to spray peanut oil all over the inside with a new garden sprayer, any reasons not to? Any better way? I have always used peanut oil to season a new pit with good results so far.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I remember when mine looked like that ***sniff***sniff***

Enjoy it is a great cooker, you are going to love it!

Yeap! Mine looked just like that - almost. No flag sticker, butterfly exhaust. I then painted the hinge screws black because I wanted to.

I see the heat diverter - money well spent. Go get yourself some expanded metal and make sides for a charcoal box. You'll be able to hold enough coal to last an entire cook.

Did Mike go away from the butterfly exhausts on the Party? Seems like all the new photos I see have the slide top. The slider actually looks to have advantages.

I had a flex copper tube down my exhaust so I could add water without opening the door - that was nice. If I added about a liter an hour I could keep it about the same level - I didn't have the heat deflector so this mod might not even be on the list.

That's one great unit. When not in use, keep the door slightly open. This helps keep air circulating in it so mold doesn't start growing. Especially important in the humid months.

Yeap! Mine looked just like that - almost. No flag sticker, butterfly exhaust. I then painted the hinge screws black because I wanted to.

I see the heat diverter - money well spent. Go get yourself some expanded metal and make sides for a charcoal box. You'll be able to hold enough coal to last an entire cook.

Did Mike go away from the butterfly exhausts on the Party? Seems like all the new photos I see have the slide top. The slider actually looks to have advantages.

I had a flex copper tube down my exhaust so I could add water without opening the door - that was nice. If I added about a liter an hour I could keep it about the same level - I didn't have the heat deflector so this mod might not even be on the list.

That's one great unit. When not in use, keep the door slightly open. This helps keep air circulating in it so mold doesn't start growing. Especially important in the humid months.

Thanks for the great tip on the mold. I hate it when my WSM becomes a science experiment. Humid months year round here.

Not sure what the butterfly valve is, but I think I can picture it. Opens like a carburator?

I have read your, and other party owners, posts with great interest the last few weeks. The fact that you missed your party after selling it really helped me make my decision. I have read all about the expanded metal to increase the charcaol capacity, have the metal in the shed! The previous discussion on the heat divertor/copper tube/sand in water pan helped me decide that $40 option was well worth it. Thanks again guys for the great information here.

Looks great thanks for the pictures. Great smoken pictures to come.

Sweet box!

Explain something though...

Backwoods are made in Louisiana, but you had one shipped from New York to Texas?

Sweet box!

Explain something though...

Backwoods are made in Louisiana, but you had one shipped from New York to Texas?

I live in South Texas, Backwoods are in Northern Louisiana, about 500 miles away. The smoker was shipped direct from the factory in LA to me. I met the NY dealer on the forums, he answered all my questions and was very helpful. The dealers get priority from the factory, and I paid the exact same price that is listed on the website. It was shipped the day after I ordered it. Shipping was not much more than what it would of cost me to drive my gas hungry truck the 1000+ mile round trip, and I was very happy to keep those miles off my truck and tires.

What he said. The backwoods Party is a great smoker, the more I cook on mine (Bob's old one) the more I like it. You are going to have a great time cooking on it.

Oh man...I'm soooo jealous, i can't wait to pull the trigger on mine...

Back