Smo-fried fishies

S

SmokeInDaEye

Ok, so the idea of smoking and frying got to my head mid-way through cooking some game hens and a meatloaf tonight. I had decided to also throw a can of sardines on for the heck of it.

Anyway, the meatloaf was still cooking but sardines looked done so I had some time to spare. I decided to dip them in some egg, roll em in bread crumbs & seasoning, then fry em in a couple inches of oil.

All I can say is....WOW! Served them with some spicy mayo and they were perfect. Smokey, crunchy, fish goodness. Some people don't like sardines but I think any firm fish would work well too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Look good.....lot better than those fish sticks I have in the freezer!!!

Where are my deep fried smokey little fishies? Man those look great. By the way do you always have a camera with you when you eat? Is it built into a fork?

Wine & Swine said:
Where are my deep fried smokey little fishies? Man those look great. By the way do you always have a camera with you when you eat? Is it built into a fork?

I believe it's called the fork mod. LOL

Oh and buy the way the sardines look good.

What the...? LMAO, this is exactly why it's so fun to be a Brother - I NEVER would have thought to smoke canned sardines, let alone bread and fry them!

Right on, Clint, for pushing the envelope!!!

Great idea, but yeah, are they fresh sardines? I`ve had them at Portuguise restaurants before. To smoke`em and fry`em has to be good.

Not fresh. They were out of a can I had sitting in the pantry. Imported sardines in spring water.

Certainly no reason it couldn't be done with any firm fresh fish though. Basically really good, smoked fish sticks.

Just trying to add something new to my cook each week...good, bad or otherwise! Next up is something I've dubbed "shorties." Stay tuned. :mrgreen:

SmokeInDaEye said:
Anyway, the meatloaf was still cooking but sardines looked done so I had some time to spare. I decided to dip them in some egg, roll em in bread crumbs & seasoning, then fry em in a couple inches of oil.

That's bait:wink: It's about time you returned to Plano:cool:

Jorge said:
That's bait:wink: It's about time you returned to Plano:cool:

Ain't that the truth? Amazingly it's been 17 years since I've been back home to the D/FW area (aside from the airport). I'll defrost some Kreutz sausages and beef ribs to throw on this weekend in an effort to redeem myself!:mrgreen:

Back