• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How long do you guys recommend?

brandonh1987

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm brining a 3 lb turkey breast and curious on how long to brine it? I don't want it to be overly salty so not sure how long I should do this? I have 6 cups chicken broth, 6 cups water, 1 cup brown sugar, a few dashes or rub, and about 1/3 cup of kosher salt. Any recommendations???

Thanks

I'm brining a 3 lb turkey breast and curious on how long to brine it? I don't want it to be overly salty so not sure how long I should do this? I have 6 cups chicken broth, 6 cups water, 1 cup brown sugar, a few dashes or rub, and about 1/3 cup of kosher salt. Any recommendations???

Thanks

overnight(8-12hrs) would be my suggestion and use a salt/onion free rub to avoid a "salty taste".

Thanks, but since I already put probably 1/4 cup of kosher salt in there, should and I have no more brine left, should I just brine it for 2 or so hours? Or still over night?

the brine is for juice in the meat. the rub is for flavor overall. add some more of the sugar and other non-salt spices in your rub(not too much) to the rub to counteract the extra salt and you'll be fine.

A minimum of eight hours, twelve or so is better. Let me ask you this: was the breast fresh or natural, meaning no added solution? It would indicate it on the package. If the breast is pre-injected (which many are) brining is not much help anyway.

Back