Bacon wrapped corn on the cob?

forgop

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Saw a post on facebook of bacon wrapped corn on the cob. I've never made corn other than boiling it, but the thought of using my Traeger to smoke it with bacon seemed quite interesting. What would be your recommendations to have the best results? I'll be cooking 225-250, so no idea about how long it'll take and what the addition of bacon adds to it (other than pure deliciousness).

I just spray with olive oil and wrap in foil. Cook indirect for 30-40 minutes, rotating frequently.

Likely the same with bacon, though no need for foil.

I've never done this method, but I assume you would cook until bacon is at desired level of crispness.

I usually do my corn on the grill directly in the husk until its charred all around.

I love bacon wrapped corn. I rub with olive oil and sprinkle with cracked black pepper before wrapping in bacon. The bacon shrinks so put plenty on. Also....cover as many of the corn kernels as possible, the bacon keeps the corn moist.
Lay the corn "bacon seam side" down first and try to leave it alone until the bottom bacon is almost crisp.
After the seam is "set" I rotate the ears for even cooking. The higher heat the better but when cooking other foods with it, it's not always possible to raise the heat. I just let the corn cook until the bacon is as crisp as I like it.

Here are a couple of cooks.
In the drum... a mini crawdad boil with bacon wrapped corn.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100290

066-1.jpg

166-1.jpg

194-1.jpg

and a campfire meal on the tractor tire rim...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132035

1cc7f23c.jpg

c05a67b9.jpg

Good luck with it!

that looks awesome! does it give the corn another level of flavor? Or just keep it more moist?

Thanks! It gives the corn another level of flavor. It's my favorite way to cook corn on the cob. :)

Holy Moleeee, Cowgirl! All that looks hammerlicious (i.e. exhibiting a state of "I'd Hammer That!")

---
forgop, when you don't have the time to make Cowgirl corn, you still don't need to boil it. I haven't boiled corn in over 30 years...
Just wrap the ear in a paper towel and NUKE it. It has plenty of it's own moisture; no need for a pot of water --- and (really) it's better nuked.
Give it a minute on high, roll over, lather, rinse, repeat until paper towel is hot, steamy and burns your fingers ;-) Try it, you'll like it.

Man I have to try this. That corn looks awesome. Will the bacon stay without a toothpick or something else holding it in place?

Man I have to try this. That corn looks awesome. Will the bacon stay without a toothpick or something else holding it in place?

Thanks KC Law Dog, I don't use toothpicks but you can. One thing I forgot to mention, THIN bacon works best.

Sounds good to me. My grandpa and mom always dipped corn in bacon grease instead of butter so...

I have cooked mine this way for years. I spiral wrap with bacon then wrap the whole thing in foil. The bacon does not get crisp this way but the bacon fat sinks into the corn and gives it great flavor.

The funny thing is, I was thinking about giving it a try this weekend but since my smoking was a little rusty I chose not to. Seeing what Cow Girl put out I guess I will have to try it and if I mess up a few it just goes to experience.

Back