• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoking St Louis Ribs

The last spares I did were cooked ar 250 deg. 3 hrs in smoke, 45 min. in foil, then back on open for 30 min. They turned out perfect, nice n moist and bite clean to the bone.

Lightlysaucedlookinggood.jpg

Dem sum purdy ribz!

250 for 5 hours sounds like a winner. Are these the readings from the gauge or an oven thermo at the rack level. For ribs to come out like that it is a temp problem. It is undercooked or it is so over cooked it dried out and went tough.

What is the 3-2-1 method??? And what is the bend test???

I like to wrap for the last hr, atleast with baby backs, not with st Louis ribs, I did the same thing as the baby backs and they were tough, had to realy bite to get meat off.

I actually don't like "fall off the bone" ribs. I like a little tug when pulling the meat from the bone. The meat is still tender and still has some body to it if you know what I mean.

@papitman, re: the 3-2-1 method, there's lots written up on it, but in a nutshell, it's 3 hours of smoking directly on the rack, then two hours inside a foil wrap (with 1/4 c of beer or apple juice inside with it) then another hour directly on the rack with the sauce on it (optional).

Hey Fire Fighter........How do you do your baby backs????, anyone can chime in here. Im doing baby backs tomorrow and want some advice. How long to smoke, wrap, and what temp????????

I do a rub, but whenever I do rubs you cant realy taste them. Like my brisket, came out perfect by the way everyone, thanks for the advise. But even with rub the actual meat could have had some flavor

Back