• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

$.39 rib tips

motley que

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
so i read the food section of the paper today and a market has rib tips at $.39 per pound. I load up the cart and the total comes to $14.97. Almost 43 pounds of rib tips are now vacuum sealed and will last a while. The wife and I prefer baby backs so this is a perfect way for me to make a chef snack from time to time.

I can gaurentee he is not in the Los Angeles area, costco had ribs last nite at 2.19/lb

There's a Korean market near me called Gallaria Market that sells the odd cuttings from the ribs all the time for 35 or 39 cents / pound as the regular price. I usually get about 10 pounds which is really more than I need but for only three bucks and change, how can you go wrong?

icemn62 said:
I can gaurentee he is not in the Los Angeles area, costco had ribs last nite at 2.19/lb

Spares? I checked Costco in Santa Barbara yesterday and they had BBs for $3.99 lb. Good thing I have some in the freezer that were $2.99lb
Probably because I were in Santa Barbara.

Motley - is that a local store/chain or a national chain that's got those prices?

Arlin

I wish it were a requirement that people put where they are from in their profile. I know some of you are ashamed that you are not in or from Texas but that should not preclude you from stating where you are from.:biggrin:

Arlin_MacRae said:
Motley - is that a local store/chain or a national chain that's got those prices?

Arlin

local small grocer, usually expensive like an IGA but i couldnt pass this up. and to jgh1204, I am proud not to be from texas ! :twisted:

icemn62 said:

Crap, I got my loin ribs the other day down in PHX.
$3.23 lb. And that's with case discount.
Jumped almost a buck now in one year.
First time since opening I had to change the price of ribs on the menu.

Just going to go with "Market" price from now on.

bbqjoe said:
Crap, I got my loin ribs the other day down in PHX.
$3.23 lb. And that's with case discount.
Jumped almost a buck now in one year.
First time since opening I had to change the price of ribs on the menu.

Just going to go with "Market" price from now on.

Just like Red Lobster.

jgh1204 said:
I wish it were a requirement that people put where they are from in their profile. I know some of you are ashamed that you are not in or from Texas but that should not preclude you from stating where you are from.:biggrin:

Ditto....

Back