Assassin Smoker - Unpacking and Initial Seasoning

Looking forward to seeing some assassinated meat. Great looking rig you got there :thumb:

Dirt, that's funny. I'm a gonna' do it - assassinate me some meat that is!! And then, kindly introduce that assassinated meat very politely to the inner workings of my stomach!!

LOL.

Trey

Thanks for the sweet pics! I ordered mine a week ago and am (im)patiently waiting for it's arrival..... Go Assassin!! Slowly Smokin' the Competition....

Guys,

Could you give me some pointers on the brisket on the Assassin? I've never cooked a brisket, but my friends are hounding me about cooking one.

I've been experimenting with butts,chicken and a few ribs on my new to me Assassin.

The first four cooks i used water in the pan, this last cook (250 F ) I used no water and the fuel consumption went way down.

I believe with no water i could set it and forget it for an all nighter. With water i would need to add fuel at about the six hour mark.

I am looking forward to a free flow of information with the assassin cooking crews :madgrin:.

Beautiful smoker. I am looking at a gravity feed smoker and the Assassin is at the top of my list. Is their a separate port for running temp probes into the cook chamber? One of the pictures showed what may have been one. Did you get the guru with the cooker? How many steam pans fit on each rack? Sorry for all the questions. Enjoy your new cooker.

Donk

Congrats. Been waiting for my stumps since September. Might cancel and get one of these

Beautiful smoker. I am looking at a gravity feed smoker and the Assassin is at the top of my list. Is their a separate port for running temp probes into the cook chamber? One of the pictures showed what may have been one. Did you get the guru with the cooker? How many steam pans fit on each rack? Sorry for all the questions. Enjoy your new cooker.

Donk

Donk, yep there is a separate temp probe hole, and it is shown on one of the pics by the handle.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h208/treytexag/Assassin%20Initial%20Seasoning%20March%202012/AssassinSmokerInitialSeasoningMarch2013-1012.jpg

Steam pans, don't know the answer to that question. I believe the grates are 23 1/2 X 23 1/2 inches to fit into the 24X24 inch box. Does that help?

I've only done an intial season on it so far, and then I immediately left the state with the family. So it's sitting in my garage miles away, patiently awaiting it's inaugural brisket run!!

I'm looking forward to cooking in it soon.

Last edited:
Congrats. Been waiting for my stumps since September. Might cancel and get one of these

The quality of the construction is impressive. I've got a couple of Engineering degrees, so I tend to look at mechanical devices / tools / toys with a "discerning" eye, whether it be a new car or as in this case, a new smoker.

I don't believe you will be dissappointed in the quality of the Assassin. Stumps I hear are awesome smokers too - don't know what your current wait time is. I had my new Assassin delivered to my home in approximately 21 calendar days, and I'm in Texas, Jeff Conley is in Macon Georgia.

Donk

Donk, sorry I missed your guru question. Yes, Jeff Conley sent a brand new BBQ Guru with fan and attachment piece that fits on the Assassin. I haven't run it yet, but will soon.

Thanks for the info. You are a Good man putting family first. Must be hard leaving your new toy in the garage! I've just put an Assassin on my Christmas list. Damn you Dave Ramsey! I don't know if I can wait that long.

Donk

• Thanks
Reactions: NCT
We just got ours this week. The thing is unreal. Just one problem though....the assassin sticker was put on very crooked and is full of air bubbles. Other than that she is incredible. Can't wait to season her on st. Patrick's day while sipping on a few Guinness

Does the BBQ Guru fan just snap in to the end of the ball valve or was there supposed to be an attachment to connect it? It fits in the opening but not sure that it will stay secure

Back