• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Butchers Gloves - Anyone use them?

sdbbq1234

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Title says it all.

Anyone use butchers gloves such as these?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Mesh-Hand-Glove/dp/B000NNT2EY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358470255&sr=8-3&keywords=butchers+gloves"]Stainless Steel Mesh Hand Glove - Cut Resistant (L) - Amazon.com[/ame]

The older I get, the more I slash my fingers! :mmph:

Thank!

wallace

Attachments

• Butchers Gloves.jpg
    Butchers Gloves.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 247
I use one when I am slicing with my mandolin/V-slicer, it is much easier than trying to go fast with the clunky hand guard :wacko::twitch::wacko:

That's pretty spendy, but I'm not seeing finger tips on CL at any price.

If you make a clean cut, a good surgeon could probably sew it back on, but that's going to cost a awful lot more than the glove.

I've got one. Made the wife pretty happy when I got it too. She was always concerned about the potential cuts. A black nitrile glove underneath works well and looks good too!

I used to use one when I worked for a butcher. The stainless steel should last a home user for a few generations. The Kevlar ones are far more comfortable, but you can cut through them eventually.

Do you still have fairly decent manual dexterity wearing one of these gloves?

I have used them before cutting up deer, almost needed a pair today but stopped as the knife hit my finger nail when the meat rolled over on me:icon_blush:

Title says it all.

Anyone use butchers gloves such as these?
I had one of those years ago when I had a boat and did a lot of fishing. Took the worry out of fileting fish on a bouncing boat. It was great.

I can say that I spent no where near that price though, but then it was almost 30 years ago.

These look like the gloves my mother just got me for Christmas. I haven't used them yet though.

My Dad has several pairs from all the fishing he does so I actually just use a pair of his from time to time that he gave me. I like them, especially when I've had a few too many delicious craft brews while smoking up the meats

We use this when processing chickens:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Cutlery-UltraShield-Resistant-Medium/dp/B00170EM6A"]Amazon.com: Victorinox Cutlery UltraShield Cut Resistant Glove, Medium: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Not sure if it works or its psychological but we haven't had someone cut themselves since we got them.

I use them when i'm fully clad in chainmail going into battle against the heathens for the kingdoms of Rothgar..... I mean I haven't used them in home use. I have relatively good knife skills and take my time when slicing and dicing. At the restaurant I worked out we used them when using the mandolin because that thing is a finger hungry monster.

Back