View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #257
HKChad
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDGeek View Post
I wonder if the guys at Guru have looked at a possibility of going with a new hardware platform for say CyberQ 2.0 utilizing the Raspberry PI platform. It's cheap enough, at $25 a unit and having seen a few already home DIY projects for home brewers using it for Temp and fan controls I thought might be an idea.

Once I settle on a Smoker I already know I am going with a CyberQ ... until I read this forum I was worried I was going to have to code an Android App interface but looks like that was taken care of by Chad (thanks) and Palmtree - dude that windows app is tight! Thanks for all your hard work. (Sorry not an Apple user - lol)

Gerry
It's overkill. Arduino/Rasberry PI all that stuff is great for prototyping/hobby but for production use there is to much 'stuff' on those that's just not needed. I bet with the WiFi it cost cyberq less than $50 to have built in china case sensors, lcd and all. What you are really paying for is their firmware and all the PID tuning they did. Let me know how the Android app works for you and what features you'd like to see, I can always add ideas to the list.